A bucket list.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date
C

catherinecherub

Read this article this morning online and cannot begin to say how brave I think this young lady with terminal cancer is. She has made a bucket list of all the things she wants to do before she dies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... tml?ito=fe

It got me wondering how many of us, although we are lucky enough not to have a terminal illness, have a list of things to do before we die. This site is quite inspirational.http://www.bucketlist.net/
as it includes not only what we would like but also what we would like for others.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I haven't thought my bucket list through properly as yet. It mainly contains a backlog of reports I have to write; making sure I've got enough money to pay for my funera;, being organised for my executor - oh, and housework! :lol:

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
How awful for this young lady, I just heard that Take That have agreed to meet her and Cadbury's Chocolate factory have said they will grant her wishes too, so young, so tragic and my heart goes out to Alice and her family.

Nigel

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
When I got told about my kidney issues and expected time frames I made a bucket list. I'm working through it. So far been to a few countries and given up work to finish my education I never did. I'm fortunate that I don't only have a few months but still the same some things should not be put off.

That girls blog was tearjerking just wish I could contribute in some way :|

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I read about this on the sky news app for the iphone and was going to search to look for it so thanks for posting it :)

dorcas61

Dislikes
Bad manners, bullying
viviennem said:
I haven't thought my bucket list through properly as yet. It mainly contains a backlog of reports I have to write; making sure I've got enough money to pay for my funera;, being organised for my executor - oh, and housework! :lol:

Viv 8)

I'm with you on the finances and funeral plans, but housework I will happily leave to my heirs ;)

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Yay for bucket lists!
Am determined to go to see the Edinburgh Tattoo which I have been planning for the last two years and should be off on August 18th, Tattoo on 19th, and coming home 21st. So a 3 night stay in quite a good hotel plus First Class train travel is my Birthday (22nd) present to me. :lol: Being 76 and disabled I will have to muster my best foot forward to achieve this but it's something I have wanted to see for absolutley yonks.

Love to go to the Palladium - just 'cos it's the Palladium!
And want to go on a cruise which I may well do over this next Xmas time.

- - Still thinking.... :p