most googled questions on veganism 2019

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately, HbA1c is onl

That being so, would it not simply be an indicator of the overwhelming success of LCHF in treating diabetes?
Thats is beside the point because there will always be some people that it does not suit for whatever reasons but they should not be ignored or made to feel they cannot say the way they eat just because they do not do LCHF

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats is beside the point because there will always be some people that it does not suit for whatever reasons but they should not be ignored or made to feel they cannot say the way they eat just because they do not do LCHF
I no longer do LCHF or keto. There are many other diets available that can help control diabetes. Eatwell does not appear to be one of them......

Reactions: Pinkorchid
M

Member496333

Yes and that’s fine but I detected an undertone of disapproval regarding LCHF bias on these boards, so I was just adding some rationalisation as to why that may be the case :)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and that’s fine but I detected an undertone of disapproval regarding LCHF bias on these boards, so I was just adding some rationalisation as to why that may be the case :)
No not disapproval towards LCHF we know that works for many many people but just recognise that it is not what everyone does for whatever reason and give them some support

as34bc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think they are probably reluctant to post because they know any diet other than LCHF does not get a very good reception on this group
I have had a bad reception when I once posted about WFPB diets and have not bothered to post anymore. I do wish to get into arguments with anyone.

The only thing I can say is that a WFPB diet worked for me and also for several other people that I have subsequently come to know. It is not for everyone as it is a difficult diet to follow as most meals have to be prepared at home. Eating out is very difficult.

I can understand why a lot of people are sceptical as this diet is fairly high in carbs and very low fat which is the opposite of LCHF. I have looked at the research in detail and I am happy with it. Anyway the results speak for themselves as I managed to get my T2 under control without any medication.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have had a bad reception when I once posted about WFPB diets and have not bothered to post anymore. I do wish to get into arguments with anyone.

The only thing I can say is that a WFPB diet worked for me and also for several other people that I have subsequently come to know. It is not for everyone as it is a difficult diet to follow as most meals have to be prepared at home. Eating out is very difficult.

I can understand why a lot of people are sceptical as this diet is fairly high in carbs and very low fat which is the opposite of LCHF. I have looked at the research in detail and I am happy with it. Anyway the results speak for themselves as I managed to get my T2 under control without any medication.

Can I ask what is WFPB ?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they are not being ignored. They are being invited to come and talk about how they did it. If I can find a way to eat mainly plant foods and keep my type in check, I am all for it.

Many on here may not remember, even 7 years ago, when LCHF got the same reception as WFPB - and look what happened there, due to people speaking out about their experiences.

Reactions: Member496333

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyway the results speak for themselves as I managed to get my T2 under control without any medication.
that is very good news. Perhaps you would be comfortable starting a thread about this, or sharing your numbers and how your progress happened, perhaps with some menu ideas? I would like to find out more.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am sure those who do that are not the genuine vegans but are just a rabble out to cause trouble probably most are not even vegans

I'm not sure how you can make that assertion.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Because I think most dedicated Vegans who do it for their own ethical reasons would not act like that

While most right headed, reasonable people would not stoop to such behaviour, with all due respect yours is a guess. I would argue that you are generalising and perhaps conflating veganism with being wholly moral.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While most right headed, reasonable people would not stoop to such behaviour, with all due respect yours is a guess. I would argue that you are generalising and perhaps conflating veganism with being wholly moral.
Yes it is a guess because I like to think that most people and not just vegans are decent human beings and would not act like that

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes it is a guess because I like to think that most people and not just vegans are decent human beings and would not act like that

Might I refer you to my earlier comments on freedom of choice, please?

The moron criminals (and yes, criminals because there have been acts of criminal damage, consequenses for the livelihoods for those attacked and death threats over social media) if not "dedicated vegans" have perpetrated these abhorrent acts in the name of veganism. Sweeping generalisations serve no purpose.

Reactions: lucylocket61