Need to eat Carbs

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
It is interesting that no mention was made of the gut biome and what foods are best for these bugs that do so much for us.
Yes. Big Food want use eating cereals but they have been running that serial forever and look where it has gotten us.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is interesting that no mention was made of the gut biome and what foods are best for these bugs that do so much for us.
Yes. Big Food want use eating cereals but they have been running that serial forever and look where it has gotten us.

As has been raised, to conflate a low carb diet with a no fibre diet is to be in error. LCHF does not exclude all fibre. Having said that, I've heard nothing about the people on carnivore diets having problems in that area. N.B Not looked deeply into carni.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As has been raised, to conflate a low carb diet with a no fibre diet is to be in error. LCHF does not exclude all fibre. Having said that, I've heard nothing about the people on carnivore diets having problems in that area. N.B Not looked deeply into carni.
Not only in error but I may go so as to say wilfully misleading.
Only us loony carnivores are on a virtually zero carb diet (and thriving).

Reactions: dbr10 and kitedoc
M

Member496333

More sponsored rubbish. If this continues surely the internet will break under the strain of industry weighing it down with such ridiculous nonsense. Go out of your way to spend money on food you can’t digest? Sure.

May as well pay for it, then leave it in the shop. Save money on toilet paper.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
More sponsored rubbish. If this continues surely the internet will break under the strain of industry weighing it down with such ridiculous nonsense. Go out of your way to spend money on food you can’t digest? Sure.

May as well pay for it, then leave it in the shop. Save money on toilet paper.
I am waiting for some toff to suggest cardboard as good fibre food. And how much fibre in toilet paper, food wrappers etc??

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Take your pick. Both about equal in terms of nutrition. The packaging probably has less sugar in it though :D
So in reality Big Food is providing low carb and hi carb options, you just pay more for the low carb option but get to absorb the colours.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So in reality Big Food is providing low carb and hi carb options, you just pay more for the low carb option but get to absorb the colours.
High fibre and low carb are far from mutually exclusive and its actually pretty simple to construct a diet that is both very low carb and which meets / exceeds the 30+g fibre per day shown in the recent studies / meta analyses as being optimal for overall health
I routinely eat around 30 -40g carbs and 30+g fibre a day - its a case of doing a bit of your own research & then choosing your fibre source very carefully - konjac noodles, psyllium husk, ground flaxseed, inulin, chia seeds etc are all low / no carb, full of soluble fibre and easy to incorporate into your diet in order to make it high fibre

Edited to add
https://www.verywellfit.com/high-fiber-low-carb-food-list-2242216

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I am waiting for some toff to suggest cardboard as good fibre food. And how much fibre in toilet paper, food wrappers etc??

Actually.... some “diet” breads here in US use cellulose for a filler, and if cellulose don’t come from the same tree what made the cardboard, I’ll eat a gooey chocolate sundae at midnight!
My late mother in law’s cat had diet food that was filled with cellulose. No wonder she was so irritable! I just wanted to take her home and feed her fish and beef and chicken!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Actually.... some “diet” breads here in US use cellulose for a filler, and if cellulose don’t come from the same tree what made the cardboard, I’ll eat a gooey chocolate sundae at midnight!
My late mother in law’s cat had diet food that was filled with cellulose. No wonder she was so irritable! I just wanted to take her home and feed her fish and beef and chicken!
May be the moral of the story is: Think like a a tree.

Reactions: zauberflote

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The fibre subject has been talked about here before and the verdict was that some of us felt we did need some fibre in our diet while others did not so is a matter of personal choice