Nausea foods that are LC

Glink

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey there. I've been getting morning nausea lately for some reason and my usual LC breakfast (2 chicken sausages + coffee w almond milk) is not helping. Any ideas for good non-nauseating foods that are low carb? Eggs or anything greasy also seem gross right now, and I'm allergic to dairy. Thanks for any ideas!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Soya yoghurt, a few berries and some crushed nuts and/or seeds?

Fish (mackerel, kippers)?

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anything you fancy - last nights leftovers, cooked meats, It's only social convention that says you have to eat a specific thing in the morning!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
In addition to @Hotpepper20000’s suggestion, I’ve used ginger tea to settle nausea (just one of the supermarket brands) as I’m not a fan of mint teas.

Note the warning about peppermint tea for anyone with gastroesophageal reflux disease (not suggesting this is the OP’s problem) in this article: https://www.livestrong.com/article/479396-the-best-herbal-tea-for-nausea/

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I know that artificial sweeteners aren't great but I find a sugar free diet ginger ale helps with the nausea I get before/during migraines. Ginger tea is ok, but fo rme, the fizzy drink works better.

My breakfast is a mix of chia seeds, milled flax seeds and oatbran - if you don't like the consistency of chia seeds try 12g oatbran, 11g flaxseed and 7g chia, otherwise 10g of each - with water/milk/coconut milk and cinnamon. You can add vanilla, etc - even a little ginger.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey there. I've been getting morning nausea lately for some reason and my usual LC breakfast (2 chicken sausages + coffee w almond milk) is not helping. Any ideas for good non-nauseating foods that are low carb? Eggs or anything greasy also seem gross right now, and I'm allergic to dairy. Thanks for any ideas!
Hate to confess to a vegan breakfast but my porridge is half a can of coconut milk, 1 egg, 1 tbsp flaxseed mix, 1 tbsp coconut flour. Whoosh up the egg a bit then heat it all up until it thickens. I eat it with nut butter but berries could also work.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
How about avocado? Also the ginger things have helped me with nausea before. Not so much ginger ale (usually no ginger in it) but candied ginger. There must be something ginger-y. A lc gingersnap?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Diet Dr recipe, similar to @NicoleC1971 ’s , it has an egg in it but doesn’t taste eggy:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
Love that recipe and you very kindly did not point out that the non eggy egg makes this non Vegan!
It is also a very good example of a low carb but high fibre recipe which the WHO should approve of (see this morning's warning agains low carb diets putting us at risk of insufficient fibre consumption because we are not getting our healthy wholegrains).

Glink

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks; a grain free porridge appeals to me so I'll give that a look. I used to make a grain-free granola that was delightful but all the sharp little bits (coconut shreds/seeds/nut pieces) started giving me gum problems. However, cooking would soften that up.

I do think it's acid reflux related, caused by stress or hormones or food intolerance or something. I had it for a few years about a decade ago (turned out to be a food allergy issue back then) and got so sick of ginger...candied ginger and ginger tea kind of gross me out now because I associate it with nausea!

Glink

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just coming back to say thanks again. I made porridge this morning with almond flour, flax seeds, an egg, and coconut oil (topped with nuts & fruit) and it was amazing. Thank you!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hate to confess to a vegan breakfast but my porridge is half a can of coconut milk, 1 egg, 1 tbsp flaxseed mix, 1 tbsp coconut flour. Whoosh up the egg a bit then heat it all up until it thickens. I eat it with nut butter but berries could also work.
Oh dear - is there a secret rule I'm missing that says low carb breakfasts have to include carnivorous offerings ?? (Just joking! :wacky::wacky:) If I eat any breakfast, it often doesn't, and neither do many of my other meals. but I've never considered them "vegan"!

Robbity

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like salad for breakfast. Nice crunchy romaine lettuce shredded and add whatever else you fancy with full fat mayo

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Do you think the nausea might be a reaction to the almond milk?