I love this forum

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 2 years since I joined this forum and wanted to share just how much I love it. So many reasons:

- The simple joy of a space where no-one thinks cream in tea is crazy; everyone gets the frustration at diabetes seemingly having a mind of its own.

- The amazing knowledge and generosity of so many posters willing to share that knowledge and personal experiences.

- The support: genuine interest and pleasure in the success of others, and equally concern and willingness to help those finding things tough.

Finding this place has been transformational in so many ways. Who knew that online support could be like this. And I’m so fortunate to have met some of you in person that I’m now proud to call friends.

Last edited:

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Just over 2 years since I joined this forum and wanted to share just how much I love it. So many reasons:

- The simple joy of a space where no-one things cream in tea is crazy; everyone gets the frustration at diabetes seemingly having a mind of its own.

- The amazing knowledge and generosity of so many posters willing to share that knowledge and personal experiences.

- The support: genuine interest and pleasure in the success of others, and equally concern and willingness to help those finding things tough.

Finding this place has been transformational in so many ways. Who knew that online support could be like this. And I’m so fortunate to have met some of you in person that I’m now proud to call friends.
What a lovely message! All the best

Reactions: gemma_T1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal what a great post and I can only bow to your knowledge, encouragement and support since I joined in Jan 18. Its no secret my most comfortable home is “What is your blood fasting number” although I dont think it tells the whole story but after I devoured the forum I know you dont have to turn up there because your control is legendary. But you do encourage everyone and I love that you talk about dark chocolate and other things that I wonder about. So thank you forum and thank you @Goonergal because I know I wouldnt have got to this stage without you all.

Reactions: SueJB and gemma_T1

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
That post is positively positive, and you're right. So many helpful people in here, and you're one of them.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hey @Goonergal - if ever you need a Five Guys pal I’m up for the trip. Seeing your transformation has been amazing.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel the same as you @Goonergal
This forum is great. And it is the member support and shared experiences, both good and bad, that make it so.
And your own contributions are very much part of that.

@ickihun
Haven’t seen you post for a while. Hope you are OK?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Bit late BUT....totally agree. In work the forum is always on (in the background). Peoples willingly giving there time and knowledge to help people out is truly awe inspiring. I toff my hat to everyone who contributes (WOW some big words off me :))

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late BUT....totally agree. In work the forum is always on (in the background). Peoples willingly giving there time and knowledge to help people out is truly awe inspiring. I toff my hat to everyone who contributes (WOW some big words off me :))

Just don't forget to include yourself in the contributors. Part of the beauty of this place, in my view, is its diversity.

Reactions: OrsonKartt