anyone else suffer anxiety and panic ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do have done all my life , started when i was five years old, anything will cause me to panic and have a panic attack. I'm panicking now because I cleaned my teeth and one of the bristles came off and although i got it out i am now really frightened more will go down my throat . I'm so scared right now .

Reactions: Ponchu

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
seem better saw my neighbour who is a medical professional and he said can't hurt me , I panic easily :(

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I get a huge amount of anxiety too, can be about the silliest things sometimes.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get a huge amount of anxiety too, can be about the silliest things sometimes.
same with me , last night was terrible for me i couldn't settle at all . Had to be convinced by neighbour that i would be okay, i do feel foolish but I really can't help it .

How do you deal with the anxiety do you need convincing too ?

Ponchu

My wife suffered acute childhood sexual abuse.

She has had anxiety her entire life. From substance abuse as a teen, and suicidal ideation she’s tried repeated therapy and medicines over decades. Yet, nothing worked.

Journaling made a significant difference in mitigating suffering circa 2013. This was more about depression, however.

Anxiety, pounding heart, irrational triggers, non-situational etc.

But in 2018, she gave up all breads, starches and processed foods (sugar). This was done in support of me. She’s not diabetic.

The anxiety disappeared about 30 days in.

Is it the wheat??

Since then, we’ve learned that this is something many have experienced.

D

Deleted member 308541

I am going to keep an eye on the container that I keep my teeth in, just in case they get out of it and tear my throat out during the night... :meh:

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
same with me , last night was terrible for me i couldn't settle at all . Had to be convinced by neighbour that i would be okay, i do feel foolish but I really can't help it .

How do you deal with the anxiety do you need convincing too ?

I get people to reassure me, take beta blockers, go swimming (started that recently and it’s really helping), do breathing in and out slowly, try to distract myself, stuff like that. Have also had some cbt and try and use some of the techniques from that too.

Reactions: michita

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I suffer a bit of anxiety, used to be very bad. I have never suffered with panic/panic attacks

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do have done all my life , started when i was five years old, anything will cause me to panic and have a panic attack. I'm panicking now because I cleaned my teeth and one of the bristles came off and although i got it out i am now really frightened more will go down my throat . I'm so scared right now .
My anxiety and panic attacks are rather specific, usually about people and social situations. It's gotten a bit better on the keto diet I have to say. I don't have as many panic attacks as I used to, and they're not as severe as they were. Besides keto, CBD oil helped as well to calm my nerves, and I haul my camera around all the time (I don't leave home without it), so I can reduce the world to a tiny little viewfinder-shaped rectangle. Makes things more managable. I'm still bad enough not to leave the house on my own, usually... So I'm cooped up at home when my husband is at his place of work. But I get out on the weekends, and then I sometimes even go to crowded places, which is always a small personal victory. Thankfully, I have a husband who is tall and can manoeuvre me out of busy places relatively easily, and he doesn't mind driving for an hour just to have to turn the car around again because it's more than I can handle.

Your anxiety sounds a lot more random, so I don't have any specific coping mechanisms to share.... But the keto and CBD might help as it is, should you want to persue those avenues.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My anxiety and panic attacks are rather specific, usually about people and social situations. It's gotten a bit better on the keto diet I have to say. I don't have as many panic attacks as I used to, and they're not as severe as they were. Besides keto, CBD oil helped as well to calm my nerves, and I haul my camera around all the time (I don't leave home without it), so I can reduce the world to a tiny little viewfinder-shaped rectangle. Makes things more managable. I'm still bad enough not to leave the house on my own, usually... So I'm cooped up at home when my husband is at his place of work. But I get out on the weekends, and then I sometimes even go to crowded places, which is always a small personal victory. Thankfully, I have a husband who is tall and can manoeuvre me out of busy places relatively easily, and he doesn't mind driving for an hour just to have to turn the car around again because it's more than I can handle.

Your anxiety sounds a lot more random, so I don't have any specific coping mechanisms to share.... But the keto and CBD might help as it is, should you want to persue those avenues.
Thanks I only started walking out on my own in 2017 when my dad was dying , i was desperate to get to the care home and be with him and i just walked right out of the door and straight to the care home, i was petrified but i needed to be with my dad . I still get very frightened when i am walking to my mums each morning to care for her but i am doing it and feel proud that i do.
I panic about little things such as the toothbrush bristle as i have a fear of things getting stuck in my throat :(

I am really pleased your anxiety is improved with keto , mine might do as time goes on as only been doing it about 2 months .
Thank you for the reply .

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Charis1213

I think you have been really brave to overcome some of your anxieties it is so hard and takes a lot of courage. I found the books by Claire Weekes a great help, she wrote numerous smallish books to help with nervousness. Her approach was to learn how to, face, float and accept the things that were causing anxiety until this approach becomes second nature. I think these books are still available on the internet, they really helped me.

Reactions: Charis1213

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Charis1213

I think you have been really brave to overcome some of your anxieties it is so hard and takes a lot of courage. I found the books by Claire Weekes a great help, she wrote numerous smallish books to help with nervousness. Her approach was to learn how to, face, float and accept the things that were causing anxiety until this approach becomes second nature. I think these books are still available on the internet, they really helped me.
Thank you I will take a look at those books , appreciate that .

Reactions: anniehi41

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks I only started walking out on my own in 2017 when my dad was dying , i was desperate to get to the care home and be with him and i just walked right out of the door and straight to the care home, i was petrified but i needed to be with my dad . I still get very frightened when i am walking to my mums each morning to care for her but i am doing it and feel proud that i do.
I panic about little things such as the toothbrush bristle as i have a fear of things getting stuck in my throat :(

I am really pleased your anxiety is improved with keto , mine might do as time goes on as only been doing it about 2 months .
Thank you for the reply .
It does take a few months for it to have an impact, took me about 4, I think... But good on you for going out. I'm slowly taking myself to the doctor every now and again, rather than relying on other people to get me there. It's a 20 minute walk there, another 20 back, and I'm sweatting buckets even in winter because of the stress of it... But it does feel like quite the accomplishment to get it done. ;)