What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Did you know or did I say before Judith's Aunt and Uncle used to own a stud farm in the Calgary area of Canada.

I don't think I knew that. I do remember wanting to visit Calgary when I was a kid because of a book I read that started out near Lethbridge and I think ended up in Calgary.

I just learned last night that a longtime horsey friend of mine, who I have seen doing very proper dressage in breeches and tall boots on a lovely half-Thoroughbred, after her divorce wanted to meet a cowboy and live on a ranch and raise horses. I told her we should retire to Oregon and meet cowboys.

But Alberta would be nice too (and I have friends who have friends there).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s a 5.6 for me this morning after a very large, fabulous and carnivorous birthday meal last night. The meat just kept on coming (one of those Brazilian barbecue places) and I doubt I’ll need to eat for a week.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s a 5.6 for me this morning after a very large, fabulous and carnivorous birthday meal last night. The meat just kept on coming (one of those Brazilian barbecue places) and I doubt I’ll need to eat for a week.
Happy birthday @Goonergal have an excellent day today x

Reactions: HarryBeau

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I had a bad day yesterday due to binge eating session and my blood sugar was 13 when I went to bed.

Had an awful night's sleep constantly waking up with a very dry mouth.

When I tested this morning my blood sugar was 5.8 @ 0700. That is low for me as I usually have a reading of 7.something @ 0700.

Could this lower than usual reading be due to the binge forcing my system to deal more efficiently with the excess sugar overnight.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
After yesterday’s 10 which I was happy about (which I know seems crazy to be happy about such a high number!).

Today I woke up to a 12.8 again :(

I did eat slightly more carbs yesterday as I had a meal out so perhaps that effected the reading. Although my DSN had told me to eat a few more carbs since raising my insulin.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! I certainly won’t be as I have a full day of university classes!! :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. A 5.2 for me this morning which is close to what I have as my ‘acceptable’ threshold. And I’m totally blaming my husband for my break of under 5 fbgs. He popped to the pub for a couple at 3pm and was bringing my food back with him when he came home. Which he did. At 9.45 :rolleyes: eating that late always messes me up. Good job I love him ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. I am still on tour but like to check in to see how my betters do things. Happy birthday @Goonergal - hope none of the steak was flat IRON(s):angelic: @DJC3 not entirely sure how one could over celebrate such good news - BTW may not have congratulated you yet. One wishes all and sundry the most spiffing of days with jolly japes all round.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a lay in until 07:30...ooh I needed that...more paperwork today...then some walking...I've dragged the exercise bike out of it's 'festive' retirement...now if only I could muster the enthusiasm to get on it...woke to a 5.9

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A rather shameful 7.3 this morning because I succombed to a large portion of Bombay Mix after supper. Will I ever learn? 2 G&Ts and my resolve well disolves! Anyway back on the horse..
@Goonergal happy birthday glad you had such a great celebration meal.
@DJC3 if anyone deserves chocolate you do!
@Inchindown that was a lucky escape!
@Emma_369 that made me laugh better late than never!
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well safe and (note to self) in control.

M

Member496333

Hi-de-Hi campers! Hoping everyone’s meters play the game this splendid Sunday morning. 5.7 for me after a protein experiment yesterday that I thought would elevate me out of the ~4 range. I’m getting good at this now :D

Lots planned today. Exercise and meditation already done. Now intend to spend the entire afternoon draped over the sofa playing Xbox and drinking coffee :watching:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone I’ve been reduced to 3 units of levemir in the morning and when I went to my appointment on Thursday I was told by the dietician the keto diet is bad instead I’m to have carb swaps anyway today’s bg is 5.6

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Early to rise, early to test
That way means the score is best
My head is thick, my eyes are blurry
I had too much wine. My tongue feels furry.
Maybe that means my score is cheating
Suppressed by the drink not the way of eating
Right now, I can’t know, I’ve no way to fix
I’ll just smile and settle for 5.6.