Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @misspinky1984 as far as I can tell this is a US pump so not available in the UK, any reason why your asking ?

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hi I’m in process of waiting for funding and seen it advertised and seen on uk site that it’s coming to uk soon so womdered if anyone had it x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It's really down to what your trust will offer you, my trust only had the Medtronic available, others will have more choices, if this pump isn't available currently in the UK then it's unlikely you'll come across anyone using it yet.

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
It looks great but as long as I get my pump should hear soon regarding it but my consultant said shouldn’t be a problem xx sick of it now x thanks for your help

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
The Tandem Slim is coming to Australia soon to ease into the place where Animas pumps were.
So Roche, Tandem and Medtronic will be the three here.
I gather Tandem is going to team up with Dexcom and will be developing the software as an add on via the internet for new Tandem users over the following 12 to 18 months.

Dave37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
doea anyone have this pump in the uk?
My consultant told me this pump is coming to the UK, he had the reps at the hospital a few months ago and they left pumps for him to try. My Animas is now out of warranty but I'm hanging on instead of replacing it so I can get the Tandem.

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
My consultant told me this pump is coming to the UK, he had the reps at the hospital a few months ago and they left pumps for him to try. My Animas is now out of warranty but I'm hanging on instead of replacing it so I can get the Tandem.
hello any idea when? ive been given the insulin pump and been told the Medtronic or insight is only pumps available xx

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Oh I’m waiting impatiently for this too, saw today they have just had fda (us) approval for the low suspend called basal iq and dex g6 that should make it available in the uk through an update ( a positive ) eventually too ,altogether I would much rather have something that could be updated instead of keeping a pump 4 yrs before you can get the most up to date options I’m being offered a ypsomed ? A Medtronic 640g or omnipod all of which have been on the market years and are already upgraded (670g) or about to be omnipod but I will be tied in for 4 yrs before I can have the new features

Reactions: crashinduction

MabsM

May I ask which closed loop insulin pump is best suited for Type 2 diabetics? I already have the Dexcom G6 for continuous monitoring.
Am in the UK.

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone, I am in South Africa and went onto the tandem x2 just over 3 months ago together with the dexcom g6. Both are great. At the moment the cgm connection between dexcom and tandem have not yet been sorted out. I was told end of November then December. Still waiting. It is frustrating as the pump and the receiver being my Samsung s8 have to be within 6 meters of one another, otherwise alarms start going mad at me. At least when the day comes for connection the 2 will be partners lying close together. Very nice small pump. I can recommend it when it comes to the UK

Reactions: Topher

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @boxing. Got mine in October in Oz to replace the Animas Vibe.
I agree, a nifty pump.
In Oz we were told 'early this year' for the link up software for the Decom. And the reduction basal for hypos about mid 2019.
I have chosen for economical reasons to forego the Dexcom at present but here's hoping the first up-date will be soon.
The pump has a few differences to the Animas Vibe and different quirks but in my view it is a worthy replacement for the Vibe and great pump in its own right.
Living in a hot country I value the added things like an alarm for if the insulin in the reservoir is getting too warm and similarly an alarm , like on some mobiles, to tell you that the electronics may malfunction if the pump itself is too hot.

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with you regarding all the various alarms. A small downside I have found compared to my previous medtronic is the change over to a new infusion set and cartridge. It takes much longer to fill the cartridge and to make sure every bubble is out. Whereas on the medtronic you can actually see the bubbles in the reservoir. The cartridges should be opaque see through, same as reservoirs

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you for that observation @boxing.
I presume that in the Medtronic, as with the Vibe the cartridge is later enclosed so the insulin is not exposed to light radiation.
Bubbles in the Tandem reservoirs/cartridges have not been a problem so far for me but sooner or later I guess it will happen.
Not sure how Tandem could adapt their reservoir to make it possible to see the bubbles.
And the 'fill rate' of tubing and infusion rates are certainly different to the Vibe.
I prefer the slower infusion rate and just suffer the time taken to fill the tubing.

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
The only way they can make there cartridges are see through. So that when filling with the syringe, it will be easy to see the inside of the cartridge plastic bag if there are any bubbles. I find the way it is currently in black I am working in the blind whilst filling

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I know what you mean @boxing, we have to rely on the instructed technique and hope it works.
From past reports I gather that the' bubbles in the tubing alarm was oversensitive and has since been 'calmed'.
I shall give the Tandem rep a call tomorrow and see what she has to say about the 'lack of transparency, and let you know what I can find out.

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
Please do and let me know. I will be in contact with my rep as well regarding download of dexcom /tandem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spices, Indian food, peanut butter
It’s been given its CE Mark so depending on which hospitals have taken it. I read some areas have it. I really really want it, I think this could be life changing for me and my allergies to long acting insulin.