wot to eat

Mawalk48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
im suffering from heart disease,chronic pancreatitis,and type 2 diabetes.I DO NOT NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT IM AS SKINNY AS A RAKE. every meal i eat knocks me out 10 mins after consumption , i wake up about an hour later feeling great.im not adventurous with food these recipes for low carbs are a joke i eat pot noodles , beans on toast, and microwave meals my sugars have been great to excellent on these foods which i eat 6 out of 7 days a week due to work its easier,but when i have a decent meal like sunday dinner you can bet it will knock me out. i generally dont eat at all all day sometimes and eat when my sugars are low this tends to work only issues are sunday dinners really wot to do ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is going to sound blunt but to paraphrase your OP you eat rubbish, fall asleep, think that low carb recipes are a joke and your blood glucose levels are excellent. Your problem is falling asleep? In your shoes I would be worrying about the heart disease and pancreatitis. A more nutrient dense diet would do you no harm and may even, given time, address your post meal fatigue.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im suffering from heart disease,chronic pancreatitis,and type 2 diabetes.I DO NOT NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT IM AS SKINNY AS A RAKE. every meal i eat knocks me out 10 mins after consumption , i wake up about an hour later feeling great.im not adventurous with food these recipes for low carbs are a joke i eat pot noodles , beans on toast, and microwave meals my sugars have been great to excellent on these foods which i eat 6 out of 7 days a week due to work its easier,but when i have a decent meal like sunday dinner you can bet it will knock me out. i generally dont eat at all all day sometimes and eat when my sugars are low this tends to work only issues are sunday dinners really wot to do ?
Great way to ask advice mate. The diet you call a joke is keeping me alive, complication-free and awake. So my advice for sunday dinner? Probably not worth your time, or mine, to get into.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'm a firm believer that heart disease and T2DM are caused by insulin resistance due to high levels of circulating insulin. These high levels are caused by eating way too much starch and sugar. Basically the stuff you are eating, and I'd guess, probably have been all your life.

As has already been stated, your diet is rubbish. You could help yourself greatly by fixing the diet, but that's up to you. Only you can help you. I don't think it's ever too late to turn your health around.

Sunday dinner, how about a good serve of chicken or steak, some veggies to go with it and perhaps butter melted over the veggies or cheese melted over cauliflower. Mushroom gravy?

Reactions: Sue192

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Mawalk - It's fair to say your numbers being ".... great to excellent....", whilst consuming the fodstuffs you do is unusual, but it's hard to make any suggestions whatsoever without understanding what medications you are taking, along withwhat those great to excellent numbers might be.

Would you please tell us what your blood sugars actually run at and what meds you take on a day today basis?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When you say that your 'numbers are excellent' what do you actually mean?

Is this based on an annual HbA1c? Or one every 3 months?
Or do you test at home?
If so, how often?
And what are the numbers?

Healthcare professionals have a habit of telling us 'that is great!' or 'Your HbA1c was fine' with a smile, because they assume we won't be interested and won't understand the numbers.
But it means that we regularly get members appearing on the forum in a state of shock because 'great' and 'fine' were actually a lot higher than ideal, and have led to diabetic complications and illness.

Are you on any medication?
Your profile does not say. And the answers you get may vary a great deal depending on what medication (if any) you take.

M

Member496333

I would eat pasta, white rice and Mighty White bread.

Is that what you wanted to hear OP? :shifty:

;)

EDIT: I hope sarcasm isn’t against community rules

Khushi Nagpal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Firstly, low carbs are not a joke - they are a really important factor for many in managing Diabetes (whether type I or type II).

Also, it would be easier to understand your current condition if you states the average figures of your blood sugar, as well as regular past HbA1c.

Considering your list of problems: "heart disease" etc, depending on the specifics of your conditions, you should be looking at diets with healthy fat and oils, lots of vegetables, good portion of protein, low amount of salt, low carbs and lots of water. This is, like many others have repeatedly mentioned, a very good idea.
You should fix your diet (by meeting with a dietician) as personally, I am definitely not in favor of the "pot noodles" you mentioned you eat - "6 out of 7 days".

Good Luck.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well if you are happy with your glucose levels fine no one is forcing you to do low carb that is a personal choice Being knocked out as you put it sounds more to do with your heart problem