which reading is correct ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I washed my hands I took a sample and it said 7.5 , something told me to take it again and the second time straight after was 6.5 . My reading before my meal was 5.7

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd go by 7, and it means your meal was fine. In any case you didn't go up by more than 2 mmol, which is good, and in any case, you never went higher than a non diabetic should. You won't get 2 readings exactly the same, it's just the way it is.

Reactions: Charis1213

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I washed my hands I took a sample and it said 7.5 , something told me to take it again and the second time straight after was 6.5 . My reading before my meal was 5.7
Meters are only accurate within a certain percentage - I’m sure someone good at remembering numbers will be along shortly with the figures. But I would say a 6.5 and a 7.5 are both acceptable within a meters capability and you’re probably somewhere in the middle of that

Reactions: Charis1213

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Probably neither given the acceptable varience between BG fingerprick meter readings and readings from a venous blood draw as well as the acceptable level of discrepancy (15%?) between meters - but they are both fine

Syd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If neither of the post-prandial readings is correct, then how can one assume that the single pre-prandial reading of 5.7 is correct?