Muscle Tremors

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all,

I have been a type 1 diabetic for about 3 years.

I wouldn't say my control is particularly good, especially at the moment because of my mental health.

I am enquiring whether anybody else experiences tremors, noticeably the arms and hands. They tend to shake a lot and i think its a direct result of being diabetic.

Is this something to worry about? or is it a case of side effects of the condition?

All comments and opinions are welcome.

Thank you,

Mark

D

Deleted Account

I have had type 1 for 15 years and never experienced diabetes related muscle tremors in that time nor have I hears of it as a common diabetes complication.

I would recommend discussing this with your doctor, especially if it happens often.

Reactions: Mark-optimistic

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am enquiring whether anybody else experiences tremors, noticeably the arms and hands. They tend to shake a lot and i think its a direct result of being diabetic.

Is this something to worry about? or is it a case of side effects of the condition?
The only time various limbs tend to shake for me is when I'm having a hypo - I've had diabetes about 40ish years and my control has been very dubious at times throughout that period, I've also never heard it mentioned so I don't think its a diabetic thing.

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the responses.

I may point out that its not extreme tremor were im unable to hold something or it comes and goes.

Its more of a constant slight shaking of the arms and hands when i put them in front of me or i'm holding something, i notice the slight shaking.

Either way ill get a doctors opinion, thank you guys.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Make an appointment with your doctor, to ease your mind. You may even be lacking in some sort of deficiency. Twitching muscles can be caused by a lack of Calcium or vitamin D..Always best to check with your doctor.

ry1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the responses.

I may point out that its not extreme tremor were im unable to hold something or it comes and goes.

Its more of a constant slight shaking of the arms and hands when i put them in front of me or i'm holding something, i notice the slight shaking.

Either way ill get a doctors opinion, thank you guys.
Hi I've experienced the same tremor feeling before and my doctor told me it's to do with my anxiety when it's really bad I get it down the left side of my arm and leg it's like I can't control it but it does go after a day or 2 it's a really weird feeling