not much rise after food ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 6.8 before my meal and only 6.9 two hours after , I am happy with this but its never happened before . Normal ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not only normal, it is what to aim for. Now just to lower those pre meal numbers is your aim. Good luck.

Reactions: Charis1213

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is normal to be the same or lower at the 2 hour mark, so well done for that, but you do need to try lowering your starting levels.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree - it's quite normal - certainly on a low carb diet - and is what I regularly see and aim for. So you're doing well!

Robbity

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure how to lower the pre meal numbers , only having a bit of cheese for lunch I have had to cut down on the cream cos getting bad stomach ache , that's why I am awake now and will have to stop eating strawberries as they have latex in them and also causing me stomach pain .

I ate for my tea , chicken breast in garlic and butter with kale broccoli brussels sprouts cabbage , two strawberries and small amount blueberries and whipped cream .

Got knee pain too hope not gout cos of high fat .

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Why the high fat worries. You keep repeating it.

Fat is not a bad thing. We need it.

M

Member496333

Quite normal. Eating an appropriate meal can stop the liver from excreting glucose. Particularly in the mornings :)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
only having a bit of cheese for lunch
I don't know if you want to or need to lose weight too, but I just want to warn you against underdoing the calorie thing. If you eat too little for too long, your metabolism might suffer from it. It happened to a few of us in here, and its difficult to get it back on track. You can calculate your BMR here. https://tdeecalculator.net/ Sorry, don't even know if its relevant for you at all, but just in case ...

M

Member496333

I don't know if you want to or need to lose weight too, but I just want to warn you against underdoing the calorie thing. If you eat too little for too long, your metabolism might suffer from it. It happened to a few of us in here, and its difficult to get it back on track. You can calculate your BMR here. https://tdeecalculator.net/ Sorry, don't even know if its relevant for you at all, but just in case ...

Agreed. If you’re eating then you should eat properly and to satiety. Fasting is a different matter, but drip feeding calories is known to reduce BMR and probably isn’t ideal.

Reactions: briped

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've said this before elsewhere, but I'll repeat it, as it might put consuming fats easier for you: in LCHF high fat is probably a misnomer as high is just so called because it is the highest proportion of the nutrients (carbs, protein, fats) in comparison to the much lower percentage of carbs involved. So proportion wise: low carbs, moderate protein, high fats.

What you are eating is perfectly normal full fat food, and in the case of dairy in particular, is not the bastardized low/lite versions which have had all their natural (fatty) goodness removed and replaced with carbs to make them palatable again.

You don't have to stuff your face with fats, but simply consume enough to help keep you feeling satisfied. You can also eat or drink whatever good fats and oils that suit you best, and can adjust the amounts you consume to help you maintain, lose or gain weight, as well as helping lower your glucose levels.

Robbity

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
kale broccoli brussels sprouts cabbage
I sympathise with the stomach pain as that has been/is a problem for me too. It's just possible that all those healthy brassicas are responsible. Miracle foods as they may be, quite a lot of people just can't tolerate them. Maybe even reducing to just one brassica portion per meal might help?

Reactions: Charis1213

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sympathise with the stomach pain as that has been/is a problem for me too. It's just possible that all those healthy brassicas are responsible. Miracle foods as they may be, quite a lot of people just can't tolerate them. Maybe even reducing to just one brassica portion per meal might help?
i will try that this evening , than you , knee pain is from an injury and flared up again so i will get there .

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i will try that this evening , than you , knee pain is from an injury and flared up again so i will get there .
Oh dear! Poor you!!! One health problem at a time is QUITE enough. Never mind, with all that determination you WILL get there. Good luck!