Novorapid 1/2 units

Jo4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is Novorapid available in a disposable pen with 1/2 units?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

There is one, i believe it's called a novopen junior. It's designed for children i think, but good for insulin sensitive adults.

:)

frenchkittie

Hi

The Novopen junior pen can deliver half units (I use one myself) but it isn't a disposable pen. The insulin cartridges, Novorapid penfill, that go into the pen are the disposable element.

Jo4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank yous for the responses! I had the Novorapid cartridges in the past but they always leaked and as a result I wasn't getting the correct dose. I must admit I only tried two boxes and I had the same problem with both. I thought there might have been something like the Novorapid flexpen but in 1/2 units.

I think I will stay with the flexpen and single units for now.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the cartridges for over a year, they have never leaked. If they did, I'm sure novo nordisk would be the target of many many lawsuits.

Which bit leaked with the ones you used? Maybe the pen rather than the cartridges was defective, and putting pressure on the cartridges in the wrong way or something. Or maybe the boxes had been stepped on or something, so the glass was cracked? Thought that would be quite difficult to do, I've dropped them and stood on them by accident before, without causing any damage to the cartridge.

I tried to take an empty cartridge apart once when bored, it took a lot of effort - I had to use my teeth to grip it to get the top off!! Even then it couldn't leak, as there is a metal bit under the plastic, the plastic is just for the needle to attach to not to hold the insulin in. I couldn't get the rubber seal at the other end out either, it seemed quite secure.

Jo4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was using cartridges for my other insulin for years and I never once had a problem with them. I mentioned the problem of the Novorapid cartridges to my pharmacist and he returned the cartridges which were leaking for further investigation but I never heard anything. It wasn't the pen that was defective because when anyone touched the side of the cartridge their hand got wet.