Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all,

I hope you are all feeling perky and @Robinredbreast I hope your granddaughter is getting better.

I have been thinking I've noticed a difference with my pump recently.
For about a month, I have been able to feel my bolus doses going in. It is not very painful more discomfort. The kind of thing when you breath in when it happens and then it is over. I initially thought it was where I had put my cannula (I first noticed it when the cannula was a little higher so just under my belt) but this is happening wherever I place the cannula on my belly. I have not tried my back since this started because I have never found a comfortable back location.
In the last month, a couple of things have changed
- I have changed from NovoRapid to Fiasp
- My exercise has moved more towards cardio and, as a result, I have noticed my muscles are a little more toned.
These two/three things may be unrelated but I wondered if anyone else had experienced slight pumping soreness (or even injections) with Fiasp.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, @Robinredbreast - sending much huggage to you and your granddaughter ❤️

Not much to report here BG wise, caught a unicorn yesterday which was good :) Had an interesting chat with a learning support assistant yesterday in the school I’m placed in just now - she’s taking care of a young lad with a number of health issues, including CF, epilepsy and recently T1. Poor kid is swinging all aver the place with his sugars, so she’s asked if I could “buddy” him a bit next week.

Out on call with my CFR hat on today, so let’s see what the day brings, eh?

Love to you all, wishing you calm seas xxx

Reactions: SueJB and karen8967

XCheesyToastyX

Morning everyone!

Looks like I had a fun night from what my libre was stating! Never even woke up!
IMG_1838.jpg

Unfortunately the battery has died on my tester so unable to find out whether I am still low! Luckily dad to the rescue and bringing my spare tester from their house to my work

@helensaramay
Hi Helen, I get that with the fiasp insulin, quite bad stinging after a couple of units go in...I believe I might be reacting to the fiasp however reluctant to go back to novorapid as my blood sugars are finally getting under control (or was before last night!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning everyone!

Looks like I had a fun night from what my libre was stating! Never even woke up! View attachment 30724

Unfortunately the battery has died on my tester so unable to find out whether I am still low! Luckily dad to the rescue and bringing my spare tester from their house to my work

@helensaramay
Hi Helen, I get that with the fiasp insulin, quite bad stinging after a couple of units go in...I believe I might be reacting to the fiasp however reluctant to go back to novorapid as my blood sugars are finally getting under control (or was before last night!!!

That could have been a "compression" low....if you happen to lie on the sensor it will record a Lo due to no interstitial fluid passing over the sensor, always check lows and highs with a finger prick :)

Reactions: XCheesyToastyX

XCheesyToastyX

That could have been a "compression" low....if you happen to lie on the sensor it will record a Lo due to no interstitial fluid passing over the sensor, always check lows and highs with a finger prick :)

Just managed to get my back up tester, 3.3! So definitely low now and the libre was showing 3.4 so pretty accurate!

I’m quite fidgety at night so cant imagine I was pressing on it for very long...oh well we’ll never know!!

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just managed to get my back up tester, 3.3! So definitely low now and the libre was showing 3.4 so pretty accurate!

I’m quite fidgety at night so cant imagine I was pressing on it for very long...oh well we’ll never know!!

Hope you get your hypo sorted pretty quick

Reactions: Cumberland

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 at bedtime, 5.8 at 4:30 and 4.6 at 07:15 - a nice steady drop but something to keep an eye on and a possible basal change, not so steady was the 2.4 10 mins before a 9 o'clock meeting, not that I was rushing or anything so a bit of a mystery, now sitting nicely at 4.2 and meeting over with and no actions for me to do!

Reactions: XCheesyToastyX

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramy I’m not on a pump but using Fiasp. Have not noticed problems when injecting. However, I have an aching arm/shoulder that’s reappeared after a break of nearly 3 years. I was sure that the change from Lantus to Toujeo helped clear it up. I read after stopping Lantus that others had aches and pains whilst using it. Just wondering if Fiasp may have resurrected the problem.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@helensaramy I’m not on a pump but using Fiasp. Have not noticed problems when injecting. However, I have an aching arm/shoulder that’s reappeared after a break of nearly 3 years. I was sure that the change from Lantus to Toujeo helped clear it up. I read after stopping Lantus that others had aches and pains whilst using it. Just wondering if Fiasp may have resurrected the problem.
Hi @becca59 , Are you aware that Toujeo is just a concentrated form of Lantus?

XCheesyToastyX

So after two hours of trying to sort my low blood sugar out...1 hot chocolate, 1 galaxy chocolate bar, 10 fruit pastilles & 2 dextrose tablets later I’m finally up at 7.5 and stable! Yes! Not sure what happened there but let’s hope it doesn’t mess up the rest of the day!!

@helensaramay
Completely with you on that one, my stomach looks a bit like a pin cushion because of it but can’t bare to change insulin again...obviously against my diabetic nurses wishes though!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning chaps, @Robinredbreast - sending much huggage to you and your granddaughter ❤️

Not much to report here BG wise, caught a unicorn yesterday which was good :) Had an interesting chat with a learning support assistant yesterday in the school I’m placed in just now - she’s taking care of a young lad with a number of health issues, including CF, epilepsy and recently T1. Poor kid is swinging all aver the place with his sugars, so she’s asked if I could “buddy” him a bit next week.

Out on call with my CFR hat on today, so let’s see what the day brings, eh?

Love to you all, wishing you calm seas xxx
Good on you @Mel dCP , the tinker sounds like he really needs a diabuddy. And probably a pump too. I wonder what his absorption of food is like.? From what I have read about CF they usually need to take coated tablets containing digestive enzymes but mainly for digesting protein and fat. And are susceptible to recurring lung infections.
In the forum- epilepsy.com, Dilantin and high blood sugars - some with diabetics noted high BSLs when taking the anti-convulsant Dilantin and in EJMO 2018 2 (3) 186-187 author Ozer - The effect of Levetiracetam on Insulin/Glucose level a letter to editor about a case where this anti-epileptic medication (Levetiracetam) caused repeated hypos in a T1D patient.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
So after two hours of trying to sort my low blood sugar out...1 hot chocolate, 1 galaxy chocolate bar, 10 fruit pastilles & 2 dextrose tablets later I’m finally up at 7.5 and stable! Yes! Not sure what happened there but let’s hope it doesn’t mess up the rest of the day!!

@helensaramay
Completely with you on that one, my stomach looks a bit like a pin cushion because of it but can’t bare to change insulin again...obviously against my diabetic nurses wishes though!
Hi @XCheesyToastyX, I hope you took the glucose tablets and fruit pastilles first and gave them a little while to work. The fat in hot chocky and the chocolate bar might slow up absorption of the glucose in the Glucotabs and sugar in the fruit pastilles otherwise. !!

XCheesyToastyX

Hi @XCheesyToastyX, I hope you took the glucose tablets and fruit pastilles first and gave them a little while to work. The fat in hot chocky and the chocolate bar might slow up absorption of the glucose in the Glucotabs and sugar in the fruit pastilles otherwise. !!

Yes had glucotabs first and waited a good while, No movement so moved onto whatever they had in the vending machine at work! Just one of those mornings I think! Such a pain! I will probably suffer the consequences later for the chocolate!!

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kitedoc Your avatar does indeed soar magnificently.

I hope I didn't go too far - what is the Aussie slang for banter? - I know the issues are serious and if you have personal experience then I'm sorry.

Happy Flying!

Reactions: porl69

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes had glucotabs first and waited a good while, No movement so moved onto whatever they had in the vending machine at work! Just one of those mornings I think! Such a pain! I will probably suffer the consequences later for the chocolate!!
I'm sure you will Ha Ha Ha.

No seriously my condolences. I'm feeling cocky this morning as I have gradually dropped to a perfect 4.4 10 minutes before lunch. Sorry to boast I only do so because I know that can soon change. ; )

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Nooo! good excuse for a chocolate. And i know the feeling when somehow there are fewer Gluco-tabs there than you thought.
? keep a stash of them in the desk drawer, or glucose jelly beans in there or does the tearoom have coffee/tea and sugar or sweet bikkies?? Ask for a hypo kit for your exclusive use to be set up in the office/workplace.
Emergency hypo supplies kept in hand bag and pockets (easier in winter). (sign on door to check supplies before leaving home) !
If I had a coffee somewhere I save the one or two packets of sugar they usually serve with the coffee.
Sometimes the vending machine might get stuck, you don't have the change, some stingy co-worker will not lend you a coin or two .....
Hope it doesn't happen again or at least not so bad !!!

Reactions: porl69
K

Knikki

HMMMM its going to be one "of those days" for a few days can feel it in me waters. Well if I got some of "my waters" and reduced it I think it would be 75% sugar :writer:

So would that make it "Refined" or "Processed"? :pompous:

Seems the conspiracy/Illuminati are busy in some of the food threats again :rolleyes:o_O:hilarious:

As for hypo treatments I do not think I have used sugar in a drink for more than a dogs age, why? simply I do not like the taste :yuck:

Oh, and I have REAL craving for chocolate :arghh:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning:

Started on a 10.3 :bag: not sure why but anyway back into normal figures at the moment.

Just got into work and went to make coffee and there on the table is a pile of chocolate cookies :joyful: two have gone down rather well with said drink :hungry:

@karen8967 What the heck time you up in the morning?
im up at 5am monday to friday knikki in work for 6am :angelic:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@kitedoc Your avatar does indeed soar magnificently.

I hope I didn't go too far - what is the Aussie slang for banter? - I know the issues are serious and if you have personal experience then I'm sorry.

Happy Flying!
No worries @Shellback. I am a retired saw bones and have seen a few tragic cases in my time.
Aussie banter is having a yarn or having a yak, or chewing the fat. I cannot think of an exact word equivalent but if it pops into my head I shall let you know !!

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland .....sounds like you had a good day.....all good here ....both at home today so just spent it together....am thinking of going out somewhere tomorrow but not sure where......tomorrow marks three years from when I sent that first private message to Mr Clive.....on this very forum...(other dating sites are available)....
.....and look where we are now....:happy::joyful::).....how time flies when you are having fun....

...hope you have a relaxing evening ....:)

...talking about gardens.....have you hoovered your grass lately....;)

Mrs Molly the grass did get hoovered after all the fallen leaves had been gathered up and binned I done it just before Christmas lol