Abbot ( Libre sensors) delivery delay

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I have ordered three sensors from Abbotts website on the 9th of January. The full amount showed as pending immediately in my bank account. Since yesterday the money is back in my account and i still haven't received the sensors. Status shows "on hold" in my Abbott account.
This morning i have finally called them but the operator knew absolutely nothing and was not able to put me through to a manager or supervisor! I'm fuming, last night i accidently knocked off a sensor and have just put on my last one.
I will go to Superdrug later today and hope i can order (and receive) some there. Has anyone else problems to get sensors?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @enzina, I take it you ordered these online ? I never had an issue ordering online, got an email confirmation afterwards, did you receive this ? I doubt there's much they can do, so try not to stress about it, stress is the last thing you need with diabetes.

Reactions: enzina

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I spoke with Abbotts on Monday morning to report a "knocked off" sensor and the man I spoke to said there was a 14 day wait

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for the replies. @Juicyj , yes i have received a confirmation and the order also shows in the account. I never had any issues before, last time the sensors took about a week to arrive.

I forgot to say that i have ordered over the phone because i couldn't log into my account for days, the website seemed to be down.

D

Deleted Account

I get my sensors from Asda pharmacy (because that is the cheapest place I have found for them). I phone Asda and they order on demand. Typically, this takes 2 working days.
I order some sensors on Friday afternoon. Yesterday, I received a call to say they are available to collect.
So, it doesn't look as if Asda is experiencing any delay

Wjohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have ordered three sensors from Abbotts website on the 9th of January. The full amount showed as pending immediately in my bank account. Since yesterday the money is back in my account and i still haven't received the sensors. Status shows "on hold" in my Abbott account.
This morning i have finally called them but the operator knew absolutely nothing and was not able to put me through to a manager or supervisor! I'm fuming, last night i accidently knocked off a sensor and have just put on my last one.
I will go to Superdrug later today and hope i can order (and receive) some there. Has anyone else problems to get sensors?

Wjohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Lada ,
I tried to anticipate any delays in supply of Libre ,(I was purchasing them ,but now have them by NHS prescription ) .So contacted Abbott the verbal reply I got ,was , due to uncertainty with Brexit ,they are giving priority to Europe .???
My last prescription was 10 days late ,so I would advise taking precautions . Remember our government does not tell the truth .
Wjowen

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well, i'm very surprised you got this answer. I have spoken to Abbott several times and tried to get any info on the Brexit subject but call centre agents are strongly instructed not to give any answer regarding this subject.
I now have ordered and received from Superdrug within a day!

Wjohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, i'm very surprised you got this answer. I have spoken to Abbott several times and tried to get any info on the Brexit subject but call centre agents are strongly instructed not to give any answer regarding this subject.
I now have ordered and received from Superdrug within a day!
Try’s Scottish accent ,
Wjo