How much Insulin you are taking? Just curious

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fenn prebolusing is when you inject insulin in advance of eating so the action of the insulin coincides with the action of the meal.

Timing of insulin is personal to the individual and the food type, and is usually a case of trial and error and safer when done with use of a CGM type device for close monitoring.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fenn prebolusing is when you inject insulin in advance of eating so the action of the insulin coincides with the action of the meal.

Timing of insulin is personal to the individual and the food type, and is usually a case of trial and error and safer when done with use of a CGM type device for close monitoring.
oh... doh! of course! thank you

yes I do :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Roseanne01 are you just on mixed insulin? Asking for basal bolus may help and give you food choices that suit you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
At the moment 3 units of Novorapid after my evening meal and 5 units of Levemir at bedtime. When I was diagnosed five years ago I was put on 10 units of Novorapid at breakfast, 12 units at lunchtime, 12 with my evening meal, and 34 units of Levemir at bedtime. With diet changes I'm now finding that I don't need to take Novorapid at breakfast or at lunchtime, though I'm going to see my GP to see about this.
How are you getting on @david1968?

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I’m going to leave this forum. The low carb zealots are starting to irritate me. My diabetes is at the stage where even the carbs in veggies (and I don't mean starchy ones, rather stuff like tomato and carrot) will cause a spike for me. My nephrologist has warned me away from reducing carbs any further and against increasing protein because of my kidney disease. After thirty years of this disease I think it's safe to say 'we ain't all the same'. A totally plant based diet worked for me for ten years, then it didn't.

It's important to do what works for you. :) People shouldn't be pushing anything on to anyone as firstly they are not medically trained and do not know what your medical needs and circumstances are. It's a work in progress to find what works, and it's very much an individual journey. I've tried quite a few things since being diagnosed in 1998. I'm now dealing with quite a few health issues and I'm simply not able to please them all including diabetes at times. All I can do is my best.

Reactions: Roseanne01

sammymore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am taking NOVORAPID 38 UNITS morning, lunch and evening time

Then my Lantus 100 units at night time

I feel this is quite a lot but sometimes my sugar is still high even I am also in low carb diet

I am type 2 with metformin SR also 500 mg 2 x a day (suppose to be 1000 but stomach upset is getting bad so I have to adjust for a while)

What insulin you are having??

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
On 800cals I drop to 74units of triple strength basal. 25units of Novarapid x3.

It was 92 of triple strength basal and 40x3 bolus.

Roseanne01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
'isms'. Not being able to eat potatoes.
@Roseanne01 are you just on mixed insulin? Asking for basal bolus may help and give you food choices that suit you.

I’m on lantus and novo rapid. Recently dropped trulicity And Metformin. I’m seeing my endo on Monday for support. My heart has now recovered so I can exercise but my kidneys are dicey. So it’s going to be trial and error. Finding around 20u lantus pre sleep, and between 25 and 15u bolus seems to work. My diabetes still responds to exercise really well, so getting my fitness back so I get rid of the 10k's I’ve put on since my pacemaker implant. Going to keep updating on here, it’s all such an experiment.

Reactions: Diakat

Roseanne01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
'isms'. Not being able to eat potatoes.
It's important to do what works for you. :) People shouldn't be pushing anything on to anyone as firstly they are not medically trained and do not know what your medical needs and circumstances are. It's a work in progress to find what works, and it's very much an individual journey. I've tried quite a few things since being diagnosed in 1998. I'm now dealing with quite a few health issues and I'm simply not able to please them all including diabetes at times. All I can do is my best.

Yep. I've had dilated cardiomyopathy but my heart is now great, renal failure and various bits and pieces. Balancing it all especially during big my heart recovery has been hard. But I actually worry about low carb and the impact on kidneys and liver. Just have to be less sensitive. Thank you.