Apple Cider Vinegar

heli2010

Type of diabetes
Type 2
does anyone use this to lower blood glucose? I have been trying it for a few days now just a little before evening meals and it seems to be dropping my BG by more than the 2000mg of metformin ever did. anyone know why this might be?

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I tried ACV a while ago it did nothing for my BGs, gave it up as it tasted awful. The variations in your results could be down to many things, I am very sceptical about miracle cures as I don’t think the vast majority work... it’s hard work that does.

Ponchu

I think it may have something to do with slowing absorption of carbs.

When I went very low carb, ACV didn’t impact levels.

M

Member496333

Personally I’ve never really found that it had all that much of an effect on my blood glucose, but it’s good for your microbiome and tastes kinda nice when diluted sufficiently. Then again I always loved pickled onions so I guess I just like vinegar :woot:

I use Braggs ‘with the mother’.

Reactions: Marku59

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I find it very effective. Helps prevent spikes with weight training, very effective during a walk to lower levels. Depends on how you use it of course, but that's what it does for me. Used to suffer from heart burn a lot, really bad, but after I started using ACV heart about 8 yrs ago it has gone and never returned.

Reactions: Ponchu

heli2010

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the replies Im not looking for a miracle cure type thing but it does seem to help with digestion as I too have had heartburn for years with docs recently prescribing omeprazole this seems to sort it and also seems to give lower BG numbers for a few hours after taking it