PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been awol from the forum for a while with 2 weeks skiing so am delighted to be back reading these stories - well done everyone!
Did you have a fabulous time, always wanted to go skiing but hubby not quite so enrhusiastic :) lots of PR going on woohooo. All good.

Reactions: jjraak

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have a fabulous time, always wanted to go skiing but hubby not quite so enrhusiastic :) lots of PR going on woohooo. All good.
Skiing was great thanks - 2 weeks of blue skies and exercise. Bloods and weight both starting the new year in great shape as a result Highly recommended! Also saw your Diet Doctor post pop up on my Instagram feed which was a pleasant surprise x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Skiing was great thanks - 2 weeks of blue skies and exercise. Bloods and weight both starting the new year in great shape as a result Highly recommended! Also saw your Diet Doctor post pop up on my Instagram feed which was a pleasant surprise x
I almost fainted myself! I had only just sent the email! All good though :) great way for you to go into 2019!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Carol what a star. How cool calm and collected are you!! You got all the important stuff in too! Absolutely fantastic. Well done.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 @Debandez
I have just seen it on Twitter, didn't open it but called John in from the garage to watch it with me. I must say that the filming is very good, I'm sure I don't really look look like that.

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I have just seen it on Twitter, didn't open it but called John in from the garage to watch it with me. I must say that the filming is very good, I'm sure I don't really look look like that.
They are really well edited arent they?? I also think they all work very well together and between them cover a wide range of issues including medications, help or not from medical professionals and of course low carbing. You must be very happy with yours it is excllent well done on getting so many messages out there Mx

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 @Debandez
I have just seen it on Twitter, didn't open it but called John in from the garage to watch it with me. I must say that the filming is very good, I'm sure I don't really look look like that.
You looked great Carol. And you smashed it!!! Well done. Bet John was very proud of you x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just reminded myself of this one.
and just watched the recent ones

fantastic efforts all round.:happy:

@shelley262
@carol43
@Rachox
@DJC3

take a bow, you all spoke so eloquently about diabetes on all our behalves.

Great stuff.. Most impressed.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They are really well edited arent they?? I also think they all work very well together and between them cover a wide range of issues including medications, help or not from medical professionals and of course low carbing. You must be very happy with yours it is excllent well done on getting so many messages out there Mx

I've asked my PM if I can use PowerPoint in presentations, was hoping to do some on screen slides and show these powerful videos but she would prefer me to keep it simple. I will see how first one goes and if I think PowerPoint slides and videos will get a good response I will get back into discussions aka tell her I'm doing it lol.

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the update and great stuff! I am dropping my letter and materials off at my GP surgery on Friday. Very interested to see what response I get...
Who do we contact to get our own photos from Birmingham? I hadn’t realised we could get these!
Did you get your photos Caroline?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI guys

Just to keep you all upto date, I have conference call with Eric Westman and Sara Hallberg from Virta Health on Wednesday - the plan is underway - just its a big plan!

Ha ha Im not sure I want to look at that !

Maybe they can do another one when I've lost a bit more weight . I've been in a total stall for a year now. So I'm doing some multiple day fasts and see if that breaks the log jam.

I am 24 hours into my third five day fast. (water only) I have decided I am going to do that twice a month, and see if I can make sure that my average food intake for the full month is also under 800 calories per day.
I am also eating LCHF OMAD on the non fasting days at 1200 calories maximum .

For January so far, one planned " blow out" for big celebration.

I am currently 4.0kg down since the 1 January. I am starting the second fast this year at the low of the first fast, so hopefully it will actually accumulate . Fingers crossed .....

Reactions: Prem51

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha, I've now watched myself - eek ! Note to self you really must stop getting all enthusiastic when discussing things with people and thus turning pink as a result before a interview. Some slightly odd camera angles as well - not to worry , the message is the thing...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha, I've now watched myself - eek ! Note to self you really must stop getting all enthusiastic when discussing things with people and thus turning pink as a result before a interview. Some slightly odd camera angles as well - not to worry , the message is the thing...
Did you see mine.. made me cringe a lot!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you are up next. I think one of the problems is that we cannot see ourselves so we fancifully think we look a certain way which bears no relation to what others see. Others see no difference !

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/caroline-lost-12-7kg-2st-with-a-low-carb-approach/
@caroline_92 yours is up this morning it’s excellent. You are amazing - doing so well and being so healthy after 7 years of diet control via low carb. You are such an excellent example of someone not progressing their diabetes after having put it into healthy range and staying healthy just by altering what you eat well done you. You also look so vibrant - a great advert for what’s possible over the long term.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/caroline-lost-12-7kg-2st-with-a-low-carb-approach/
@caroline_92 yours is up this morning it’s excellent. You are amazing - doing so well and being so healthy after 7 years of diet control via low carb. You are such an excellent example of someone not progressing their diabetes after having put it into healthy range and staying healthy just by altering what you eat well done you. You also look so vibrant - a great advert for what’s possible over the long term.

Here here! With the recent bad press about the long term effects of a long term low carb way of eating (flawed research as we know having looked into the 'study'! It didn't take long to realise that either) This is wonderful to hear. You are feeling great and looking radiant I must say. Thanks for sharing. And well done.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was the day that my surgery finally decided to have a meeting about the standard of diabetes care. Yippee..
Three members of the PPG attended along with the Senior GP partner, the diabetes nurse, the area diabetes nurse, the business manager and one of the admin team.
I was very surprised when the area diabetes nurse popped up in support of Low Carb... looks like we may even get something going. Allegedly our CCG is looking to do more work on prevention and the Senior GP is the CCG rep for that so everything seemed to dovetail in nicely. I took a printout of the success stories booklet, the why we should do home testing sheet from @Rachox, the weight loss / HbA1c sheet from Birmingham and a couple of press releases about the Low carb program being prescribable and the module from the RCGP by Dr Unwin. At the end the Nurse and the GP were almost fighting over the success stories booklet.
Next meet in 5 weeks after the Area DN and the GP approach the CCG for back up.
They were amazed and impressed by the weight loss and HbA1c reduction sheet so well done to everyone who was in Birmingham whose numbers contributed..
I might have volunteered my self to help with a support group for the newly diagnosed who are interested in dietary changes before meds... Thanks guys for all your help something might actually be happening..