Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
We have our usual 2 inches of snow in my neck of the woods. Fun and games driving out of my street with car struggling to get up the hill outside my house. A cheeky wee - 5 this morning at 7.30am

Snow envy---if anyone wants our snow help yourself
Freud would be proud of your adaptation @smc4761

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you @helensaramay. Yeah I understand that there will be a lot of initial work in setting it up and additional tweeking after it has been set up right. I will have endless questions no doubt about that. So glad to be a member of this forum where you can get the help and advice from people who live with T1 day in and day out
I second @helensaramay on helping but in particular i make enough mistakes to be able, mostly, to explain what not to do !!

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon fellow stabbers and pumpers.
Hope all as gone well @Mel dCP .
Exciting times with hints of trepidation ahead for @smc4761 and @porl69 . I’m certain with all the others pumpers around here you’ll be in good hands.
A good downpour of snow yesterday but sadly it didn’t settle. Just a cold frost this morning . We now live in a notoriously bad area for weather since we’ve moved. If it’s gonna snow anywhere in Leicestershire then it’ll snow here. Exciting times ahead.
Whatever weather you get take care. Probably not so much @kitedoc but nonetheless still take care:)

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got back from the hospital, no ice so didn’t go base over apex on the walk there or back :)

Damage has healed! My eyes are actually in amazing condition considering I’ve had type one for twenty years, he said to “keep doing what you’re doing” - also “what are you doing to keep your levels that good?” So I told him, he was quite impressed with the gadgetry and food choices. And my eyesight is sharper than the consultant’s :D

So it looks like it was the sudden drop in HbA1c that caused the problems, and that my good levels since have healed it.

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits ❤️

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just got back from the hospital, no ice so didn’t go base over apex on the walk there or back :)

Damage has healed! My eyes are actually in amazing condition considering I’ve had type one for twenty years, he said to “keep doing what you’re doing” - also “what are you doing to keep your levels that good?” So I told him, he was quite impressed with the gadgetry and food choices. And my eyesight is sharper than the consultant’s :D

So it looks like it was the sudden drop in HbA1c that caused the problems, and that my good levels since have healed it.

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits
Amazing news Mel

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the messages of support guys. getting a pump is going to be like trying anything new after doing something in a particular way for years. Sure i am going to make mistakes and it will be trial and error no doubt for a while, till I get it sussed.

Just need to put in the time and effort to get the benefits

Reactions: hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just coming up for air... If I thought the beginning of the week was somewhat interesting, the next two days are going to be even more so. Which is going to make for an interesting consultant's appointment on Friday morning the way my blood sugars are behaving. Still, I've got answers for all questions I can anticipate and a list of questions.)

3.00 p.m. Friday to 7.00 a.m. Sunday is definitely going to be Japes-only time. (I do some organist's admin for a couple of hours before church on most Sunday mornings hence the 7.00 a.m. start. Keeps me calm-ish and feeling prepared for anything if I'm ahead of myself. )

Back to the job list...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was like an ice rink on Merseyside this morning. The few days of the year that a rear wheel drive car seems like a bad choice.
I managed to do a 360 degree turn on the road this morning and probably wrote the car off. It’s a road that used to be gritted but, due to cuts, they no longer do it. Luckily I was only doing about 30mph. Apparently there was someone else who did the same about 1/2 a mile away and drivers who stopped to check and asked if I was ok also said that they’d slipped as well.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I managed to do a 360 degree turn on the road this morning and probably wrote the car off. It’s a road that used to be gritted but, due to cuts, they no longer do it. Luckily I was only doing about 30mph. Apparently there was someone else who did the same about 1/2 a mile away and drivers who stopped to check and asked if I was ok also said that they’d slipped as well.
Stuff the car as long as you are alright.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP . Great news. So good in fact that you can have a TOP BANANA award for extra effort and time dedicated to beating the beast. ( That’s two awards in the space of two days, I’m getting soft in my old age :) )
Well done Mel.:)

Reactions: Knikki and hh1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits ❤️
Not sure how to spell phew, what a great piece of news @Mel dCP

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits

Bless you x such good news

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late to the party tonight but had to say brilliant news @Mel dCP :) well earned too!

@Daphne917 I agree with @Diakat, but have you really written off your car :wideyed:? If so that's seriously rubbish, commiserations, just adds more grief to deal with.

Reactions: Diakat