Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 when I remembered to check at 10am. Still hadn’t eaten (or trained) though so I guess that still counts as an fbg. I’ve been toying with trying some other eating pattern, perhaps intermittent fasting or ultra low carbs (though I’m told by trainers that I need carbs if I’m training ten hours a week as I’m currently doing). I probably just need to commit to something for a month.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive noticed the same, never quite sure when to exercise to get the best results. Each time I think I’ve sussed it, I get a different result!
@DJC3 well ive just checked last years diary for todays date .there was no way i used rowing machine and exersise in the same sentence let alone do between 20 to 40 mimutes before work!! .i remember noticing that i was peeing as much as i drank if not more, tired lethargic etc.had my lloyds test on the 14th of feb..(15.0) about 25 kilos down from then...slightly easier to move about!!!1

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 well ive just checked last years diary for todays date .there was no way i used rowing machine and exersise in the same sentence let alone do between 20 to 40 mimutes before work!! .i remember noticing that i was peeing as much as i drank if not more, tired lethargic etc.had my lloyds test on the 14th of feb..(15.0) about 25 kilos down from then...slightly easier to move about!!!1

Way to go @Diawara that is fantastic.