What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, OK. Not that good with abbreviations. Strange as I spent years listening to and sending Morse code messages and deciphering stuff.

I’m rubbish with abbreviations too actually, but there are a few Ive picked up since being on here.
I’m so impressed with your Morse code background. I can’t imagine how you begin to decipher it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I know the season is winter but you can stop now - 2 days is enough. Hope y'all have had spiffing days with lashings of whatever boils yer bacon.
Breakfast and mid morning: Tea - much pintage Lunch and Late afternoon: Cocoa ½ almond and ½ soya milk; Evening meal: chicken, mushroom and cauliflower curry; 2 small slices of Stilton
The curry was tasty, warm and enjoyable. The Stilton was tasty but feeling a bit guilty/weak for eating it even though there wasn't much. Sometimes envy those of you who can find LC dessert to like but that's a real 1st world problem.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 chocolate and raspberry clafoutis, genius.

@ianpspurs glad back is easing a bit.

@Emma_369 hope the boiler has been fixed

@maglil55 had a mental picture of much younger grandchildren for some reason

@Chook I find OMAD so much easier at the weekend when I’m on the go all the time.

Another hungry day today and ate a bit more than planned.

Ate the remaining mini pot of clotted cream with my first cuppa of the working day.

Lunch, well it ended up being 2 lunches....ravenous after a morning meeting so grabbed the last pack of M&S rollitos I’d stashed in the fridge at work and added 2 mini tubs of Philadelphia. A bit later my best work buddie asked if I wanted to go for lunch. Went for a cuppa and ended up with bacon and eggs.

Dinner was (for the third day in succession) Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich. Added a ramekin of extra thick double cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all had wonderful day today - had cleared decks for dog sitting but wasn’t needed. Thank you btw for good wishes for Cooper he’s still got his cough but no worse - youngest son worked from home so all ok. So we, inspired by the sprinkle of snow, blue sky and sunshine went on a long adventurous hike wonderful. Included a fair bit of climbing so good for pushing out the bg! Had wonderful views but bitter winds up on the tops. Could see in distance the snow topped welsh borders mountains.
Breakfast egg, mushrooms and one slice of lc Lidl roll
Lunch during hike a couple of mugs of coffee with cream ( took 2 flasks to keep us warm)
Dinner pork casserole ( put in slow cooker in am) served with cauliflower rice, small red wine followed by lc raspberry mousse and decaf coffee with one square of 95% choc( Lidl 1.4g per large square)
Have a good evening all.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK I know the season is winter but you can stop now - 2 days is enough. Hope y'all have had spiffing days with lashings of whatever boils yer bacon.
Breakfast and mid morning: Tea - much pintage Lunch and Late afternoon: Cocoa ½ almond and ½ soya milk; Evening meal: chicken, mushroom and cauliflower curry; 2 small slices of Stilton
The curry was tasty, warm and enjoyable. The Stilton was tasty but feeling a bit guilty/weak for eating it even though there wasn't much. Sometimes envy those of you who can find LC dessert to like but that's a real 1st world problem.
What kind of puddings / desserts did you enjoy pre LC? I like a challenge. ;)

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Chook I find OMAD so much easier at the weekend when I’m on the go all the time.

I'm going to aim for OMAD at the weekend but not be angry with myself if I don't succeed, especially on Saturday. Friday will be okay as I've just turned down Mr C's offer of a Toby Carvery breakfast on Friday and we've got a lot of stuff planned (our weekend is Friday and Saturday again this week.) .Saturday might be more difficult as his second day off is always our lazy day and the day we have a big roast dinner...... I'll figure it out......

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to aim for OMAD at the weekend but not be angry with myself if I don't succeed, especially on Saturday. Friday will be okay as I've just turned down Mr C's offer of a Toby Carvery breakfast on Friday and we've got a lot of stuff planned (our weekend is Friday and Saturday again this week.) .Saturday might be more difficult as his second day off is always our lazy day and the day we have a big roast dinner...... I'll figure it out......

Sounds like a good plan. Your way of eating needs to fit around your life, not the other way around. Haven’t been to a Toby Carvery in ages. Their roasts were my favourite carvery as they often had bowls of roasted onions, which I adore, but are now too carby for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of puddings / desserts did you enjoy pre LC? I like a challenge. ;)
Fruit crumble but only in season i.e. off our trees/garden within the hour; trifle - which we can do but that must be only eaten at family gathering; almost no cake known to mankind and definitely no cupcake or anything with Icing/frosting or coconut. Oh and absolutely no erith****** Family tradition was rice crispy cake at birthday:arghh:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tori71 Your clafoutis sounds lush. Still on my list to try.

Your hike sounds amazing @shelley262 , if a tad freezing. I've sadly been stuck in the office all day, but Mr B got out for a very cold walk today. There are definitely benefits to him being self employed and living in the countryside.

Anyway, this is what today looked like

Breakfast: Chocolate & Almond Chia Pudding. Almond milk cappuccino with a splash of cream.
Lunch: Mini Frittata, sliced turkey, cherry toms, cucumber, baby spinach, avocado.
Snack: Just coffee and tea for me. Mr B had my new invention, home roasted smoky spiced nuts (pecans, almonds). OMG, they are so addictive, they need a health warning! I freestyled the recipe, but think I can remember roughly what I did, if anyone dare give them a go. :joyful:
Dinner: LC sausage rolls with fathead dough, hm coleslaw and salad. First attempt at these and some tweaks needed, but quite pleased. I've been craving sausage rolls since watching Tom Kerridge. Thankfully, they hit the spot. We finished off with SF jelly and cream. Decaf coffee to follow shortly.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m watching GPs Behind Closed Doors - a lady came in with burning on passing urine, doc did a finger prick and it was 18.6. He told her it was very high and she would need to go on medication and to come back when lab test was done. No mention of diet at all. Sounds very like my initial diagnosis.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fruit crumble but only in season i.e. off our trees/garden within the hour; trifle - which we can do but that must be only eaten at family gathering; almost no cake known to mankind and definitely no cupcake or anything with Icing/frosting or coconut. Oh and absolutely no erith****** Family tradition was rice crispy cake at birthday:arghh:
Why no erith*****? Any other sweetener that's acceptable? Stevia? What fruit trees do you have?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why no erith*****? Any other sweetener that's acceptable? Stevia? What fruit trees do you have?
Triple 0 Stevia is good and liquid sucralose. 12 apple trees, 3 pear trees, quince, rhubarb, raspberry, cherry, plums, strawberries - we did make LC meringue so I could have Eaton mess and we do have an ice cream maker and I will eat some h/m ice cream. Also able to forage at least 8 varieties of plums from unused orchards and we have lots of blackberries.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch; remains of celeriac Dauphinois with one of my Keto bread rolls.
Dinner; Thai chicken satay with grated courget and leeks on a bed of cauliflower rice.
Pud; Greek joghurt with blackberries, chia and lemon

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Triple 0 Stevia is good and liquid sucralose. 12 apple trees, 3 pear trees, quince, rhubarb, raspberry, cherry, plums, strawberries - we did make LC meringue so I could have eaton mess and we do have an ice cream maker and I will eat some h/m ice cream. Also able to forage at least 8 varieties of plums from unused orchards and we have lots of blackberries.
Can I come and steal your fruit? So many ice cream possibilities! We have a Victoria plum, apple (not sure of the variety) and crab apple. Our rhubarb crown died which makes me very sad.

How about lemon posset with poached rhubarb? I made lemon posset for my folks the other week and it went down well. It would be delicious with poached or roasted rhubarb.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m watching GPs Behind Closed Doors - a lady came in with burning on passing urine, doc did a finger prick and it was 18.6. He told her it was very high and she would need to go on medication and to come back when lab test was done. No mention of diet at all. Sounds very like my initial diagnosis.
My diagnosis was fine - it was the hospital visit I hated. 12 weeks and it was "you're 9.3 you were 14.7 here's some pills". I actually had to say whoa , it's coming down with diet changes why? He was not amused.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I come and steal your fruit? So many ice cream possibilities! We have a Victoria plum, apple (not sure of the variety) and crab apple. Our rhubarb crown died which makes me very sad.
How about lemon posset with poached rhubarb? I made lemon posset for my folks the other week and it went down well. It would be delicious with poached or roasted rhubarb.
You are welcome to some fruit. We used to make 50 litres of apple cider and some pear cider. The cooking apples were huge this year and edible/usable from the tree until late November/early December. I did begin LC with stewed rhubarb, fage yogurt and milled flaxseed for breakfast and quite like lemon. How did you manage to kill rhubarb it is virtually indestructable here? Can't believe anyone eats Vic plums.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are welcome to some fruit. We used to make 50 litres of apple cider and some pear cider. The cooking apples were huge this year and edible/usable from the tree until late November/early December. I did begin LC with stewed rhubarb, fage yogurt and milled flaxseed for breakfast and quite like lemon. How did you manage to kill rhubarb it is virtually indestructable here? Can't believe anyone eats Vic plums.
I'm not sure what happened with the rhubarb, but it hasn't reared it's head for a few years. Gardening isn't my strong point. Our plums are lovely, but you do have to catch them at the right point.

This is the recipe I used for posset, you could easily swap out the sugar for liquid stevia (I used the dreaded erythritol with stevia). It will be delicious served with any berries or rhubarb.
https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/lemonpossetwithlemon_85812

*Edited to add missing link

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal - they were younger once but I wouldn't thank you going back to nappies. Now it's just stopping them falling out with each other. The older one turned 8 three months ago. He's got mixed interests. The 5 year old is a typical, holy terror of a boy. Always climbing, jumping , getting bumps and scrapes.
They had a vegetarian curry tonight with rice and naan and enjoyed it.
My day - bed 5.9 FBG was also 5.9
B. 3 morrisons GF pork chipolatas, fried egg and 1 rasher back bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - cupboard continuation
D. 2 egg omelette with mushroom, bacon and cheese.
Scoop halo top and raspberries.
The cupboard cleanse continues tomorrow. So far I have a Magimix, a blender and a kettle to take to the Salvation Army drop point. They're the only ones I know that take small electrical items.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure what happened with the rhubarb, but it hasn't reared it's head for a few years. Gardening isn't my strong point. Our plums are lovely, but you do have to catch them at the right point.

This is the recipe I used for posset, you could easily swap out the sugar for liquid stevia (I used the dreaded erythritol with stevia). It will be delicious served with any berries or rhubarb.
One seems to have mislaid the recipe.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they were younger once but I wouldn't thank you going back to nappies. Now it's just stopping them falling out with each other. The older one turned 8 three months ago. He's got mixed interests. The 5 year old is a typical, holy terror of a boy. Always climbing, jumping , getting bumps and scrapes.

They both sound like a handful.