Regular moderate exercise log

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak your shoulder injury sounds truly awful!! You’ll have to forgive me my moments of moaning about aches and then sudden recovery on this thread - exercise is very new to me, hence my little circuits and no real cardio as my body has been giving up on me since my teens - frozen shoulder, sciatica, bursitis and costochondritis. If there’s something to get inflamed within me It will. But my moans are always short and partly in jest at myself - 99% of the time I believe it’s mind over matter and fight through any ache or pain as if I stopped doing things when part of me hurts I’d never get up in a morning. But then that 1% of the time I like to have a whinge about it ;) before the brain kicks back and tells me to ignore it and get a grip of myself :D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ll have to forgive me my moments of moaning about aches and then sudden recovery on this thread - exercise is very new to me, hence my little circuits and no real cardio as my body has been giving up on me since my teens -

frozen shoulder, sciatica, bursitis and costochondritis.
If there’s something to get inflamed within me It will.

But my moans are always short and partly in jest at myself - 99% of the time I believe it’s mind over matter and fight through any ache or pain as if I stopped doing things when part of me hurts I’d never get up in a morning.
But then that 1% of the time I like to have a whinge about it ;) before the brain kicks back and tells me to ignore it and get a grip of myself :D

Always happy to hear the moans..and when its with such a winning attitude, then it's never a problem..:)

Does sound wearing though, the litany of issues, and now diabetes
You put me to shame when start a Whinge...:writer:

Do believe your principal of humour though, gets us through many a dark day.
I'll enjoy hearing yours and others, posts about how well your kicking the A** of this disease...

Take care.
god bless

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, squats on Saturday which were entertaining! what with the pulled muscle in my calf and a hip injury. 135kg for 3x3 which I surprised myself with because it was nice and easy. 14 wks to competition.

Take care everyone.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ended up swimming after work - only 600 metres swam as with a 5yr old in tow it was effort so we abandoned the lanes and played in the fun pool. I did however, and with strange looks from many swimmers, do 15 squat jumps out of the water with my daughter on my back. Easier on the legs landing back in the water than the floor at home but felt effort with the extra weight on my back. And she was highly entertained at my ‘crazy piggyback ride’ so I’m pleased at my resourcefulness :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just scraped 10k steps today plus a 20 min HASfit workout with small weights.

@jjraak good on you for taking the plunge and jouning the gym. It’s always easier if you have someone to go with too.
@Emma_369 That was a great idea in the pool today to leap about with your daughter on your back, bet she loved it too.

Reactions: zauberflote

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Emma_369 Loving that leaping about...daughter must think your such a cool mum..
who wants staid and dowdy when you can have wild and fun.

Cheers @DJC3 ..(loved your interview btw..star :happy:)
started tonight billy no mates..steph at boyfriends supposed to meet me at gym..LoL
ah well, we've all been young ..(happy days )

it was so busy. 615..but i got a recumbent cycle, eventually..3 k.
then one of those nordic trainers ? while waiting for a treadmill
Not sure i did it right, but top of legs seem to get the benefit there
hard to do as i wasn't really sure WHAT i was doing..LoL..
so only did 1k on that...(saw similar machine with crooked pedals..elliptical trainer ?)
i'll need advice on what those machine do and what i should aim to do re form and workout.

anyway running machine empty...i was ON..:D

had walked to gym 8 mins and felt warmed up, but still set walking pace for a few minutes,
then up to 6k/mph...ran 1k then walked, then ran 1.5 k..(training for my couch to 5k run )
both last part i ran at 10k/mph for the last 10%...
only 6362 steps ..but i was sweating :***:

so totals...
Top Hr was 169..Min HR was 74.
i had 25 mins light, 48 min moderate and 13 mins intense AND 12 minute VERY intensive
according to my tracker..and i even got the VO2max to begin operating..told it doesn't start measuring until you get to ANAEROBIC levels for a certain time....:woot:

so WELL happy with that first real try.

I said gym bunny..but i think ill end up being a run monkey..( if i don't go off and do the weights instead..:D )

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 Loving that leaping about...daughter must think your such a cool mum..
who wants staid and dowdy when you can have wild and fun.

Cheers @DJC3 ..(loved your interview btw..star :happy:)
started tonight billy no mates..steph at boyfriends supposed to meet me at gym..LoL
ah well, we've all been young ..(happy days )

it was so busy. 615..but i got a recumbent cycle, eventually..3 k.
then one of those nordic trainers ? while waiting for a treadmill
Not sure i did it right, but top of legs seem to get the benefit there
hard to do as i wasn't really sure WHAT i was doing..LoL..
so only did 1k on that...(saw similar machine with crooked pedals..elliptical trainer ?)
i'll need advice on what those machine do and what i should aim to do re form and workout.

anyway running machine empty...i was ON..:D

had walked to gym 8 mins and felt warmed up, but still set walking pace for a few minutes,
then up to 6k/mph...ran 1k then walked, then ran 1.5 k..(training for my couch to 5k run )
both last part i ran at 10k/mph for the last 10%...
only 6362 steps ..but i was sweating :***:

so totals...
Top Hr was 169..Min HR was 74.
i had 25 mins light, 48 min moderate and 13 mins intense AND 12 minute VERY intensive
according to my tracker..and i even got the VO2max to begin operating..told it doesn't start measuring until you get to ANAEROBIC levels for a certain time....:woot:

so WELL happy with that first real try.

I said gym bunny..but i think ill end up being a run monkey..( if i don't go off and do the weights instead..:D )

Really good start @jjraak. I downloaded the C2K app a few years ago but Ive never actually started it.
Thanks for your kind words re the interview, its very well edited. I do hope it helps and encourages other diabetics to join our merry band.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good start @jjraak. I downloaded the C2K app a few years ago but Ive never actually started it.
Thanks for your kind words re the interview, its very well edited. I do hope it helps and encourages other diabetics to join our merry band.
No exercise as I am still mending the lat muscle and problems it has caused. Would some kind person be able to provide a link to the now legendary video of @DJC3 please?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that and to @DJC3 on behalf of members who watch it and are helped and reassured.

There are quite a few on there now, all individual and coming from a slightly different angle so with any luck they will encourage and help others, they were all filmed at the DCUK shindig last Sept. It was a really good day, hope you can make the next one.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just getting a bit ridiculous now, did a 6pm bootcamp, 7pm yoga, then this morning 7am strength conditioning and 10am circuits. Now back in the office watching the snow fall on Wigan Pier.... :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just getting a bit ridiculous now, did a 6pm bootcamp, 7pm yoga, then this morning 7am strength conditioning and 10am circuits. Now back in the office watching the snow fall on Wigan Pier.... :)

hardcore, @paulmh.

Sounds like a nice view, to boot

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not very much walking outside today it was cold and snowy and I’m too much of a wuss to enjoy it. 7k steps in all
20 mins weights this morning after 10 min mindfulness meditation.
10mins stepping later in the day and a variety of exercises this evening: squats, plank, sit ups etc

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
\hello all, Monday night was bench press 100kg 7x6, doesn't sound a lot but I thought I had died at the last set !! Yesterday was 17k steps (a new record for me) and assistance work last night, Face pulls, heavy, side lat raises 25kg 3x15, front raises 20kg 3x15, shoulder press 65kg 3x15, tricep push down 60kg 3x10, close grip press 100kg 3x6. Really pleased with the steps though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may not be worthy of posting to you lean, mean fit machines but I will have clocked up 10k steps on my pedometer for the first time in a week due to #backgate. Lets see how I am tomorrow and rinse and repeat hopefully.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may not be worthy of posting to you lean, mean fit machines but I will have clocked up 10k steps on my pedometer for the first time in a week due to #backgate. Lets see how I am tomorrow and rinse and repeat hopefully.
Happy that you seem to be on the mend!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So a slight jig around - I should have worked out last night and today been a day of rest but my brother asked me if I fancied swimming tonight, so had last night off instead (to be honest my broken boiler meant once I’d got all my layers on and was comfy under the blanket I couldn’t be bothered to get out of it to work out)

But just got back from pool and did a nice round 50 lengths so 1250metres. Found a love for swimming so think this will be happening a lot more often as I actually enjoy it whereas find the circuits a necessity to achieve a goal and dislike doing them. So hopefully the mixture of both options will keep me focused