Cameron statement Diabetes is an embaressing illness

Angelheart262

Today 15th June, British prime minister David Cameron called Diabetes an embarrassing illness,
I was enraged at hearing this, I have Diabetes I am not embarressed to say I have it, what planet is this man on.
Maybe it is just me but it angered me :roll:
am I alone in this thought.
Angelheart262

Angelheart262

It was said in prime ministers questions, A question was asked if he was going to support diabetes week. Camerons reply was I am aware of this embarrassing illness. :shock:
Angelheart262

C

catherinecherub

I expect this will be picked up by the papers tomorrow. Can't wait. :roll: :roll: :roll:

smeatons

The exact quote is:

I will certainly support this campaign. I think my honourable friend makes an extremely good point which is that many people with diabetes find it an embarrassing illness and something they don’t want to talk about, and yet it’s affecting more and more people. I think we have to find a way of encouraging more people to come forward and say there’s nothing abnormal or wrong about this.

We just need to help people manage their diabetes, particularly because we want to see them have control over their healthcare and spend less time in hospitals if at all possible.

So I fully support the campaign and I think we’ve got to look at the long-term costs of people getting diabetes and recognise there’s a big public health agenda, particularly about exercise and other things, that we need to get a hold of.

He was responding to this question raised by Adrian Sanders the MP for Torbay:

This week is National Diabetes Week and the theme this year is Let’s Talk Diabetes, to encourage people with the condition to speak out and not feel stigmatised or worried about being discriminated against or joked against in school, or in the workplace. Would the Prime Minister please support this campaign?

Reported on the Diabetes UK website.

Angelheart262

I watched it live and what I stated was what he said,my partner who was also watching live says the same thing we cannot both be wrong.
He definately opened with diabetes is an embarrassing illness, not some people think.
Angelheart262

Unbeliever

He probably misread his own notes. Politics aside, I find him a vaguely embarrassing prime minister!

The really worrying thing, I believe , Is that he has had all his information about diabetes from DUK.

I await with trepidation , the new proposals for dealing with "this epidemic"" The devil will be in the detail.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
"Send reienforcement we are going to advance" turned in to "Send six pence we are going to a dance" :lol: :lol:

Cameron and the "Coaltion" are the worse thing that has happened to this country in a very long time. Soon there will be no sick people in the UK because they will not allow it, they will be forced to go to work so that they can drop dead thus saving benefits so that the greedy politicians can fill their own pockets.

It was on the news tonight that even cancer patients will lose £100 A WEEK, not a month but a WEEK. I bet the politicians will give themselves a generous wage rise next year!

Unbeliever

I hope all those fat lazy T2's don't expect to qualify for benefits. No need for them o be unemployed. They can all ge jobs as extras for lloyd's pharmacy TV adverts :lol:

deadwood2

So no change from stated policy, except a bit like bin collections, they can't actually enforce it.

No change there, then.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Unbeliever said:
I hope all those fat lazy T2's don't expect to qualify for benefits. No need for them o be unemployed. They can all ge jobs as extras for lloyd's pharmacy TV adverts :lol:

Yep, I can just imagine it, injecting insulin, BG testing, tap dancing, juggling 5 tennis balls all the same time and eating a bar of Lyods own brand chocolate so that they don't hypo.

Just can't make my mind up if this should be done in the streets or in a shopping mall! :lol:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

deadwood2 said:
So no change from stated policy, except a bit like bin collections, they can't actually enforce it.

No change there, then.

There will be changes though, more fly tipping.

To get rid of your stinking leftovers please consider adopting rats as garden pets. If you feed them generously they will be your best friend for life. Just imagine the joy of seeing them have thousands of babies.

Oh, happy days!

Pac

Smeaton mentioned that Cameron stated "... We just need to help people manage their diabetes, particularly because we want to see them have control over their healthcare and spend less time in hospitals if at all possible. ..."

I couldn't help but smile when I saw this, as I have just finished writing to my PCT asking them to confirm their position regarding the availability of prescriptions to Type 2s for testing strips etc. (My diabetic nurse has just refused to provide such a prescription (but believes they should be available), and also advised that the GPs in the practice will not prescribe either, because of PCT instructions).

I must admit I have wondered whether Cameron has megalomania tendencies

(Wikipedia - 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs' ), e.g. a few days ago he referred to our population as "my citizens",

or whether he fails to put his brain in gear before he opens his mouth,

or whether he just variously responds to intrinsic/learned behaviours to bully or patronise.

We don't need 'help'. What we do need/demand, as independent tax paying human beings, is our right to be treated appropriately by the NHS, and not to be discriminated against or patronised, etc etc.

I can't wait for the response from my PCT!!!

Pac

deadwood2

I woudn't hold my breath. Local government and the PCTs are out of control. It'll take more than this lot of collaboraters to get a grip!