What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is a good night tonight for sleeping. The KittenCat and I are full of chicken and it is absolutely POURING down rain outside. :)
i love the sound of that ..hi kittencat...(miaow)..ignore that grumpy ol @ianpspurs
the rain beating down while your all snug indoors....lovely
Thanks Karen...I spoke to the practice manager yesterday afternoon...they are so defensive...why not just say we are sorry...I'm with Elton John sorry does seem to be the hardest word!
Sounds like they've gone all "prince Philip"...hahaha .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 at 0800 according to Codefree. Yesterday I went to an independent optician after struggling for the past 6 weeks with my new glasses from a high street chain who werent interested in my problems. Anyway turns out I have a significant bleed behind right eye and have an urgent referral to hospital. I am so disappointed after more than a year of good control and it is the second bleed same eye in just over a year.
Anyway hope you are all ok. Have a good Thursday almost the weekend.
Stay well, safe and warm.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.6 at 0800 according to Codefree. Yesterday I went to an independent optician after struggling for the past 6 weeks with my new glasses from a high street chain who werent interested in my problems. Anyway turns out I have a significant bleed behind right eye and have an urgent referral to hospital. I am so disappointed after more than a year of good control and it is the second bleed same eye in just over a year.
Anyway hope you are all ok. Have a good Thursday almost the weekend.
Stay well, safe and warm.
Oh PM I am so sorry to hear that...shocking how the high street chain were unresponsive to your problems...however not surprising...thank goodness it was spotted...good luck at the hospital keep us updated when you can...fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to.........
Oh s*** Mrs J is up and moving around, better get in the kitchen and make her tea pronto.......gotta go
Quick 5.3
Has a good day folks, mine is ruined now

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh PM I am so sorry to hear that...shocking how the high street chin were unresponsive to your problems...however not surprising...thank goodness it was spotted...good luck at the hospital keep us updated when you can...fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Bubbsie...should get seen within a week. The High Street people said their glasses are thoroughly checked so either I “lied” at the eye test or its a health matter and go and see my GP which I did. Hope your cold improves!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Bubbsie...should get seen within a week. The High Street people said their glasses are thoroughly checked so either I “lied” at the eye test or its a health matter and go and see my GP which I did. Hope your cold improves!
How dare they say that...obviously you have to prioritise your eyes now PM...but I'd be tempted to get back to them for their shocking neglect when you're ready...the a*******s.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How dare they say that...obviously you have to prioritise your eyes now PM...but I'd be tempted to get back to them for their shocking neglect when you're ready...the a*******s.
My new glasses may need to be replaced when this gets sorted but it cant be proved that I had a bleed when they did the eye test in Nov so I have to put up with that. Eyes are important.

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
8.7 @ 0700.

This was after a binge session last evening which left me with 20.8 reading at bedtime.

Had a really bad night. I almost called an ambulance as I felt so ill.

After the binge I had an angina attack which was controlled by my medication thankfully.

I felt really lousy by bedtime. Muddled head and severe stomach pains. Extreme thirst. Made several bathroom visits for diarrhoea.

Just couldn't settle in bed. I think my stomach was distended after the binge and was uncomfortable in the extreme no matter what position I tried. Ended up getting out of bed and watching tv until after 3 am, when I began to feel more normal and went back to bed and managed to get a few hours sleep.

I've not had many binge sessions since I had a heart attack last October, and I've never felt so bad after one before.

I suppose I need to find a better strategy to resist the urge to binge, but it's not easy when it's been going on for many years. But I can't take many nights like last night. Life just wouldn't be worth living if I felt like that every day.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a 6 greeted me today, which I will take. @Bubbsie I hope the cold is sorted soon , Gabe the Fossie dog goes to his new home today so a few tears will be shed this evening, both in sorrow and also Joy that we helped him on his journey. @PenguinMum hope everything gets sorted with the eye, I've had the urgent referral and it scares the pants off you.

Take care everyone.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum sorry to hear about your eye bleed let’s hope you’re seen and checked soon - eyesight is so vital and precious and a worry for us diabetics.
@jjraak Himalayan pink salt would be good to add to your woe it contains extra minerals like potassium and magnesium. I also like many others take magnesium the bisglycinate version which seems to be absorbed better. I used to have severe cramp but it’s much rarer for me these days. Body does need salt and on this woe you lose a lot of salt.....
5.0 today looking forward to a Pilates session in a bit after coffee.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gabe the Fossie dog goes to his new home today so a few tears will be shed this evening, both in sorrow and also Joy that we helped him on his journey
Good news john...but I can understand the tears...you've done a wonderful job with him...I'd love to have a houseful if |I could:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My new glasses may need to be replaced when this gets sorted but it cant be proved that I had a bleed when they did the eye test in Nov so I have to put up with that. Eyes are important.
So you won't be going back to the high street chain...they may or may not have known about the bleed...but could have listened to your very real concerns & checked you...surely that's not too much to ask?

Reactions: JohnEGreen

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not on topic but just hating my GP at the moment...hoping that will change I have an appointment with him at the end of next week.:arghh:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SPOT ON.

Not sure who said it, but it went,

" we are FULL of sugar, and need to remove as much as possible,"

So HOW can the solution be to add MORE sugar to the Diabetic FIRE....:banghead:...

At the very least we SHOULD be offering alternatives to the traditional "Eat the same.. only less of it "
when simple facts show the majority following that advice (diabetics) are struggling with the ravages of the disease.

From what i have gathered in my short time here, there really is not another option, and of the two..Traditional Or LCHF,...it's clearly LCHF for me

I personally feel as normal as i ever have since diagnosis, as per many others, healthier, fitter, blah, blah..you all KNOW the benefits.:D

Almost shameful, if not criminal, that the powers that be have NOT*, as far as i am aware, properly trialled the benefits and potential pitfalls of the this WOE, in a regulated environment.

(* yes i am aware of all the reasons WHY..;) )
Money is the root of all evil!

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's not as much money in good standard advice...god forbid if they stopped the useless DESMOND courses...or our health care professionals promoted alternative effective ways to manage T2...profits could fall:arghh:
Before even reading your reply I wrote 'money is the root of all evil '.

Reactions: Prem51 and jjraak

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.5 this morning, quite pleased with that. Good appointment with the DSN yesterday, she is pleased with my progress. We will be starting to phase in fast-acting insulin now. More fiddling about getting things just so, but I am happy with that too! Very cold here today but off out nevertheless. Hope everyone is doing well today.