kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@kitedoc is it too hot to sleep?
I think it is about 1:30am in Adelaide and I am concerned we are disturbing your rest.
Hi @helensaramay, thank you for your concern! it is too hot to sleep !! and the forums have been busy and interesting.
No internal fans to cool one's brain, unlike computers !! Today will be slow and there will be opportunity to catch up on sleep (and not much else is possible in this weather anyway)!! I usually doodle and draw up kite plans and construction ideas.
The Aussie explorers on their expeditions to the interior of the land would describe the lead of the writing pencils melting in the heat. At least we are spared that these days !!

Reactions: Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good afternoon fellow stabbers and pumpers.
Hope all as gone well @Mel dCP .
Exciting times with hints of trepidation ahead for @smc4761 and @porl69 . I’m certain with all the others pumpers around here you’ll be in good hands.
A good downpour of snow yesterday but sadly it didn’t settle. Just a cold frost this morning . We now live in a notoriously bad area for weather since we’ve moved. If it’s gonna snow anywhere in Leicestershire then it’ll snow here. Exciting times ahead.
Whatever weather you get take care. Probably not so much @kitedoc but nonetheless still take care:)
Hi @the rower, we have enough heat here to melt most anything !!

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got back from the hospital, no ice so didn’t go base over apex on the walk there or back :)

Damage has healed! My eyes are actually in amazing condition considering I’ve had type one for twenty years, he said to “keep doing what you’re doing” - also “what are you doing to keep your levels that good?” So I told him, he was quite impressed with the gadgetry and food choices. And my eyesight is sharper than the consultant’s :D

So it looks like it was the sudden drop in HbA1c that caused the problems, and that my good levels since have healed it.

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits
Great news mel

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight everyone sleep well ive had a struggle trying to keep numbers above hypo today despite eating all kinds must be this cold weather been a weird day

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Just got back from the hospital, no ice so didn’t go base over apex on the walk there or back :)

Damage has healed! My eyes are actually in amazing condition considering I’ve had type one for twenty years, he said to “keep doing what you’re doing” - also “what are you doing to keep your levels that good?” So I told him, he was quite impressed with the gadgetry and food choices. And my eyesight is sharper than the consultant’s :D

So it looks like it was the sudden drop in HbA1c that caused the problems, and that my good levels since have healed it.

To say I’m relieved is an understatement...thank you for all your good wishes and crossed digits ❤️
Very well done !! Are we allowed to keep the digits crossed for the next 50 years ??

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Careful what you do with your top banana at night.
Unfortunately, top bananas don’t seem to appreciate cuddles.
Banana cuddles are not conducive to sleep.
But i’m not sure what happens to a top banana skin in bed - can you have a horizontal comedy banana skin slip?
I fear a hammock is the only stable bed for a banana and it had better not get sea sick!! And if they look green that is not a sign of such sickness. And they very sensitive about the adjective 'bent' as they believe people use it towards them with some disparagement. They age from a green to a mottly yellow brown and become softer skinned as they age. But that does not mean they are more generous, just more mature. Contrary to some people's beliefs bananas are not very flexible, they cannot perform the splits although they have a interesting body transformation into halves. In their final days a waxy substance within them, apart from being an excellent slippery medium of comical import, is known to ease stomach ulcers and their fibre is much appreciated by bacterial denizens of the innards.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, just arrived at my school for the day a bit early so checking in. Apparently it’s in the top ten of the worst schools in England... or is that the worst? No idea.

Irritating surge in sugars as I drive here, definitely a foot on the floor thing. I had it yesterday on my day off but later in the day as I slept in late. So I can’t really account for it in my basal programme as it’s not happening at the same time each day. Hey ho.

Hope you all have a lovely day ❤️

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys and wishing you all a terrific Thursday :)

K

Knikki

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: The glass in my cafeteria has broken.

Other than that its a "Another day in the corps...……" and sugars are at the moment OK :) least it makes up for the broken glass.

K

Knikki

Careful what you do with your top banana at night.
Unfortunately, top bananas don’t seem to appreciate cuddles.
Banana cuddles are not conducive to sleep.
But i’m not sure what happens to a top banana skin in bed - can you have a horizontal comedy banana skin slip?

Oh I don't know a firm banana might like a cuddle :angelic:, a soft banana would certainly appreciate a cuddle but would that make it a firm banana? ;)

Banana skin? well you could slip both up or down, much for comedy effect as well :oops:

A soft one and a mess, :wideyed: never a good mix.

(PS does this class as "being facetious"? :hilarious: )

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did some one mention me???!

I was going to say so long as Mel doesn't eat it in the night!

BGs have been excellent, 7.3 before tea, 6.9 3 hrs after, 6.3 before bed and 5.7 this morning, although I did dip low around 5am and had a few glucotabs and went back to sleep.

Reactions: hh1 and LooperCat

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all,

I have just looked at my diary and realised I have 6 meetings today and no time for the gym.
Perhaps the lack of gym is not such a bad idea - the usual Spin instructor was not available yesterday so we had another guy instead. I don't think everyone liked him: as we were leaving I overheard a couple of girls complain it was more endurance than HIIT. I didn't mind. Although, at the end, when he said "give it all you've got for the next 60 seconds", I think all I had was the strength to reach my water bottle. At the end of the 30 minutes keeping my legs spinning, with some pretty high resistance (high for me), my BG was 4.9. I take that as a win.

Facetious is defined as "treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour".
I'll give you the "deliberately inappropriate humour".
Is the impact of banana skins on sleep a "serious issue"?
Yes, for sleep walkers !!

Reactions: Knikki

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think I've ever had so many mentions........................:hilarious: (thought I'd just slip that in!)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Don't think I've ever had so many mentions........................:hilarious: (thought I'd just slip that in!)
Well slipped in !! No mentions in court of course !!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Just got a teabag out the drawer for my mid-morning cuppa and reminded me to come and say hi. Hope you're all well and keeping warm in the cold-ish snap. Glucose behaving like a game of Pong this morning on xDrip - porridge kicked in just before the low line and balanced out with Fiasp just before the high line.

Just booked my car back into the garage for the second time this week - petulant thing decided to slip (hi!) her auxiliary belt last night mid-overtake. :nailbiting:

K

Knikki

Horizontally ??

16bka4o.jpg

XCheesyToastyX

Morning All!

So I’ve had an interesting few days to say the least! I’ve not been right for the last few months with energy and not being able to exercise without going bright red and out of breath within a few minutes but finally got an answer yesterday ...it wasn’t good but at least they found something...

So yeah I’ve got a blood clot in my lungs...luckily it’s treatable with blood thinners but does anybody else feel like what is the point as my body is fighting me at every turn no matter how hard I try to be well!!

@Mel dCP Hi Mel, it must be a relief to hear about your eyes, I’m worried I will have the same thing when I go and get my eyes checked as my Hba1C has halved in a few months so think it may have caused some temporary damage!