Low waking bloid sugar but.......

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Sunday is always my long run day, so when I woke this week with a blood sugar of 3.7..........

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
And you did what ?
a) had your usual breakfast with a reduced dose of short-acting insulin and waited for your BSL to be > 6 mmol/l before setting off, or
b) had some Glucotabs and waited until your BSL reached > 6 mmol/l and relying on your long-acting insulin which you had reduced 20% last night you set off, or
c) corrected your BSL with breakfast or glucotabs and postponed your run til the afternoon.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
And you did what ?
a) had your usual breakfast with a reduced dose of short-acting insulin and waited for your BSL to be > 6 mmol/l before setting off, or
b) had some Glucotabs and waited until your BSL reached > 6 mmol/l and relying on your long-acting insulin which you had reduced 20% last night you set off, or
c) corrected your BSL with breakfast or glucotabs and postponed your run til the afternoon.
As I was planning to run within 1.5 hours I wouldn't take bolus insulin in that time frame. I have to run with no bolus on board otherwise I hypo every time. I took 3 glucotabs 15 minutes before the start of the run