Alternative UK Insulin Suppliers

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can the UK not buy insulin from outside Europe?
  • Novo Nordisk A/S (Denmark)
  • Sanofi S.A. (France)
  • Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.)
  • Bioton S.A. (Poland)
  • Wockhardt Ltd. (India)
  • Julphar (UAE)
Take your pick barring the top 2! (ironically Denmark only joined the EU because of the UK to safeguard its large agri exports to the UK)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ah! you spotted the deliberate mistake.....................:D

D

Deleted Account

I wonder what other forums are having these conversations:
- Can we grow our own avocados?
- Can we design our own flat pack furniture?
- Can we cut our own diamonds?
- Can we manufacture our own clogs?
- Can we manufacture out own vacuum cleaners?

Reactions: therower

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whats going to happen to all the merc and bmw drivers, they'll have to buy Morgans!

Last edited by a moderator:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sure She wont have a shortage. The rest of us who need meds? hmmm.......................
I just don't think there will be a shortage, its just scaremongering to keep us in the eu, it just proves to me that the eu are just bullying us anyway they can to keep us in. I am sure there will be more than enough supplies of all medicines if we have to leave without a deal . What better way to scare us than those with life long diseases and medications .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like she cares about us mere mortals... Seriously.
none of them care and most certainly those in Brussels do not care or they wouldn't be trying to stop us from running our own country they are a bunch of bullies .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If those countries want to trade with us, maybe? I'm not sure our country has much good to offer anyone any more. What a s*it hole!! :(
I have faith in my country and its certainly got more to offer the world , blooming heck talk about lack of faith .

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if the UK is a main supplier of any drugs to the EU?

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I think it is although I'm not sure which ones, also I don't think anyone is not going to sell us insulin, the problem will be how it gets into the country, from Europe if there are road issues or elsewhere if there are flight issues. To be honest I am already having enough issues, although I have a pump I need pens as back up for pump issues and holidays, and although I put them on my prescription my GP hasn't given them to me ..... The pens I have in the fridge are out of date .... and I;m supposed to be going on a 3 week holiday in a few weeks. Not happy. The insulin I use in my pump, it usually takes the pharmacist around 2 weeks and several visits to get it all.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
there are many ports the eu can use to deliver supplies its not just the south of the country that is great Britain, there is a middle and north too, cant stand all this scaremongering we managed just fine before the eu so why not now ? there have always been diabetics .

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a bit of research to answer my own question and I found this.....
The Government’s EU Exit Analysis Cross-Whitehall Briefing identifies pharmaceuticals as the sector for which UK/EU market access is the most important.21 In 2016, the UK exported £24.9 billion of pharmaceutical products, of which £11.9 billion (48 per cent) went to the EU,22 a market of more than 446 million potential patients and consumers.23 At the same time, the UK imported £24.8 billion of pharmaceutical products, of which £18.2 billion (73 per cent) were from the EU, giving a trade deficit of £6.3 billion.24 In oral evidence, the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) told us this reflects “45 million packs of medicines that leave the UK every month and go to Europe, and 37 million packs of medicines that leave the continent and come to the UK”.

It came from here....
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmbeis/382/38205.htm

Reactions: Charis1213

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
there are many ports the eu can use to deliver supplies its not just the south of the country that is great Britain, there is a middle and north too
Not sure why you would think it’s the EU’s responsibility to deliver supplies to our ports?!

But don’t worry the UK government has Seabourne Freight on the case to ensure supplies: the ferry company who has never run a ferry service, owns no ferries, and copied and pasted its terms and conditions from a fast food website.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was trying to help ease the anxiety and fear that is caused by the project fear brigade , not trying to offend anyone just lighten the fear because you will get your insulin .

Reactions: Dodo

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure why you would think it’s the EU’s responsibility to deliver supplies to our ports?!

But don’t worry the UK government has Seabourne Freight on the case to ensure supplies: the ferry company who has never run a ferry service, owns no ferries, and copied and pasted its terms and conditions from a fast food website.
Well if the eu stop the insulin supplies coming in it proves what a horrible lot they are and we are better out of it . Like i said i just think it is scaremongering and nothing will change you will get the insulin .

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the UK's task to get medical supplies delivered not the EU.
Suppliers normally deliver things, it would be strange to order something and then have to go and fetch it.

D

Deleted member 308541

Suppliers normally deliver things, it would be strange to order something and then have to go and fetch it.
Probably should have wrote, that it is up to the UK importer to chase the supplies up.

I will not have any problem with supplies, so I do not really give a daffy. :meh: