WaveSense Jazz - carry case

stonyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have just been issued with WaveSense Jazz kit - I know I'm thick but just can't work out how to fit the lancing device plus the test strip container into the carry case. There are two retaining straps into which I presume they should fit - but if I do squeeze them in (squeeze being the operative word) the when I then try to zip up the case bulges far more than I would expect, and far more than is natural.
Any thoughts from existing WaveSense Jazz users appreciated.

Last edited:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should have elastic loops which should hold them.

stonyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes there are loops - but the space for the lancing device plus the strip container is just too small.

Gloucestergirl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nightclubs!!
I have got the Jazz and found it quite tight to begin with but the elastic has stretched a bit which makes it easier to get the meter and tub in and out and all te separate bits need placing quite carefully to be able to close the zip. I have had several different test kits over the years so have ended up with different shaped ones and have used others if they have fitted. The second meter I bought to carry in my handbag I keep in a soft leather spectacle zip up case as there's no reason why you have to keep the meter etc. in the case it came with. The one I keep at home is in the original case and more bulky because of the tub of sticks but as I don't take it in my handbag it doesn't matter. If you really can't get on with the case that was provided then find something else and you should be happier with that.

stonyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gloucestergirl: - think it will be very difficult/next to impossible to find another case in which has the same sized 'pouch' for the meter itself - plus sensible retaining loops and space for the lancing device plus the stick tub.