Peripheral neuropathy.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get cold toes & hell do they get cold, it's what I imagine frostbite feels like, feels like my toes will break off.
I have tried thick socks, thin socks, two pairs of thin socks, but nothing helped until I went to Matalan & after looking at all the socks I got a 5 pack of sport socks with 74% cotton & arch support, what a big difference they have made, still get cold toes but bearable cold not excruciating pain like I use to get.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Paul59, The type of pain related to cold does not seem to my non-professional mind to be typical of neuropathy.
I have certainly heard of persons with known circulatory or thyroid problems being sensitive to the cold in their extremities.
Perhaps you may need to consult your doctor about this even if you have found a part-solution.
And I raise a concern for coldness in a part of the body perhaps making that part more prone to injury.
We of course all know what smoking of tobacco does to the circulation !!
Best Wishes for warm feet always !!

Reactions: Daisy_Daisy

Daisy_Daisy

I get cold toes & hell do they get cold, it's what I imagine frostbite feels like, feels like my toes will break off.
I have tried thick socks, thin socks, two pairs of thin socks, but nothing helped until I went to Matalan & after looking at all the socks I got a 5 pack of sport socks with 74% cotton & arch support, what a big difference they have made, still get cold toes but bearable cold not excruciating pain like I use to get.
Try the Sheepskin bootie
slippers with rubber soles .. Great help as well..socks are good for bed..

Hypohead_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I get a sensation of cold feet at night when I’m sat down, but I’m wearing thinsulate socks & when I feel my feet they’re hot.

LucyL 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh the delight of cold feet..mine are always hot..especially in bed!