Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is a difficult question as cups measure volume, not usually calories and definitely not weight.
You would have to do the maths yourself by measuring a cupful then weighing it (taking into account that cooked weight and dry weight will differ in carbs as well as weight) then work out the carbs and cals involved.

Unless other members have used this, seemingly, convoluted method you would have to experiment.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is a difficult question as cups measure volume, not usually calories and definitely not weight.
I think in the US they use cups for measurement for recipes, I've seen a number of recipes where they say stuff like '1 cup of flour' - to which my thought is normally 'what a stupid measurement, I want to know the weight dammit', normally followed by leaving said website and looking elsewhere (for a start I'm not sure how I'd translate 1 cup to a variety of different mugs I have in the cupboard :))

Reactions: Guzzler

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
It a standard measure.

I have a set of 'cups' at home. Goes from an 1/8 doubling each time to a full cup which I think, don't quote me. Is 250g.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It a standard measure.

I have a set of 'cups' at home. Goes from an 1/8 doubling each time to a full cup which I think, don't quote me. Is 250g.

But 250g weight of dry rice is not the same as 250g of broccoli. So the same weight will not always apply. It is volume.
I have measuring cups too but I only use them if I'm following a N.American recipe. And sometimes I've seen different chefs say things like wrt flour Do or Don't pack it down because it changes the volume.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1200-1600 calories per meal is quite high anyway. I don't think I could stomach that, maybe its better for you to split your meals?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
But 250g weight of dry rice is not the same as 250g of broccoli. So the same weight will not always apply. It is volume.
I have measuring cups too but I only use them if I'm following a N.American recipe. And sometimes I've seen different chefs say things like wrt flour Do or Don't pack it down because it changes the volume.

Told you not to quote me. Its ml's so a volume measure.
Can still question the accuracy compared to weight.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @cdpm, I would suggest that you cook food and then measure. For example you can find the amount of calories for 2 Tbs butter for example, and then put that in your cup measure. Then figure out how many calories in 3 oz of steak or other protein and add that to you cup. Keep going with what you want to eat and when you come up to two cups, wallah, your meal and hopefully up to your desired calorie intake. Are you measuring calories to make sure you are eating enough in your OMAD? Could you not just measure out your food into the two cups and leave it at that, figuring that you are using enough fats with your food, full fat yogurt, etc. so that you have some satiety? Just curious! Cheers/L