Pre Diabetes and Reactive Hypoglycaemia

Ians1964

Can anyone recommend a good app that can identity carb units, if that’s the right terminology? Almost a diet app I guess to help with better choices. Today my morning reading was fantastic after day 2 of evening meal and Metformin together. My lowest (fasting if you like) so far at 5.9 I had about 150g of Fage full fat yoghurt with some mixed berries and two hours later I was up to 6.9. Lunch was ham, egg and salad with some coleslaw. Two hours later 5.4. Everyone keeps saying the readings are nothing to worry about but I continue to drink gallons of water, suffer from fatigue and headache most days. I am very new to this but I find websites contradict each other so much

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use weightlossresources.co.uk which has a really good food and exercise diary. I find it invaluable for tracking nutrients and carbs - you can set your own macros on there too. It is a paid site, but there is a free trial period I think.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone recommend a good app that can identity carb units, if that’s the right terminology? Almost a diet app I guess to help with better choices. Today my morning reading was fantastic after day 2 of evening meal and Metformin together. My lowest (fasting if you like) so far at 5.9 I had about 150g of Fage full fat yoghurt with some mixed berries and two hours later I was up to 6.9. Lunch was ham, egg and salad with some coleslaw. Two hours later 5.4. Everyone keeps saying the readings are nothing to worry about but I continue to drink gallons of water, suffer from fatigue and headache most days. I am very new to this but I find websites contradict each other so much
My work colleague with lifelong Type 1 recommended Carbs & Cals: Diet & Diabetes

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, there is contradiction everywhere.