Hovis low carb

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We shop at Lidl. What.bread is it.
I know they do a low GI loaf but do not know about a low carb one. They did do low carb rolls but they have been discontinued much to many peoples distress on here as they were the only bread they could eat

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know they do a low GI loaf but do not know about a low carb one. They did do low carb rolls but they have been discontinued much to many peoples distress on here as they were the only bread they could eat

Loved them rolls - I emailed Lidl to complain about their disappearance!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Loved them rolls - I emailed Lidl to complain about their disappearance!

A lot of us did, to no avail.

If you are interested in saving the rain forests and the wonderful orangutans, do read the list of ingredients and see if palm oil is included. If it is, look to see if it sustainable.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked in the shop a few weeks ago about the nutritional information for this. They didn’t have it and the manager called head office and they didn’t have it either :0 frightening really.

Kirstyr

If you email head office they can send you a list of the nutrition for the whole bakery range,I have it on my computer at work... I didn’t think the low gi was particularly low carb but I could be wrong...

Reactions: HSSS

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Popped into local Tesco to get Hovis low carb bread only to be told they decided not to stock it any more.
Carried on to Morrisons which is where I usually get it to find shelves empty. Member of staff tells me it is unavailable. As it is the only bread my diabetic nurse recommends I find this somewhat worrying.
Have you tried Tesco’s high protein bread - same number of carbs but nicer

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried Tesco’s high protein bread - same number of carbs but nicer
I asked recently about high protein breads and was told they did none. It was a huge Tesco too. Do you know the name or have a pic of it?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Livlife bread at Waitrose is delicious. My family prefer it. Tastes like the bread M&S use for their sandwiches. I only have it as an occasional treat. It freezes well too b

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

keefidee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Bergen Linseed and Soya bread. It is a normal size loaf, nice thickish slices, toasts well, and has 11g carbs per slice. Not as low carb as some, but half a slice is usually enough for me with an occasional full slice. Available in Sainsburys and Tesco.
Same here, it is stocked by our local Co - op. I restrict myself to 1 slice per day (usually toasted) with cheesy scrambled eggs for breakfast which lasts me through till mid to late afternoon.

Reactions: Bluetit1802