PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was the day that my surgery finally decided to have a meeting about the standard of diabetes care. Yippee..
Three members of the PPG attended along with the Senior GP partner, the diabetes nurse, the area diabetes nurse, the business manager and one of the admin team.
I was very surprised when the area diabetes nurse popped up in support of Low Carb... looks like we may even get something going. Allegedly our CCG is looking to do more work on prevention and the Senior GP is the CCG rep for that so everything seemed to dovetail in nicely. I took a printout of the success stories booklet, the why we should do home testing sheet from @Rachox, the weight loss / HbA1c sheet from Birmingham and a couple of press releases about the Low carb program being prescribable and the module from the RCGP by Dr Unwin. At the end the Nurse and the GP were almost fighting over the success stories booklet.
Next meet in 5 weeks after the Area DN and the GP approach the CCG for back up.
They were amazed and impressed by the weight loss and HbA1c reduction sheet so well done to everyone who was in Birmingham whose numbers contributed..
I might have volunteered my self to help with a support group for the newly diagnosed who are interested in dietary changes before meds... Thanks guys for all your help something might actually be happening..
Wow wonderful news sounds excellent and it’s brilliant that you may be able to support those keen to make improvements by changing the way they eat. You superstar you - it will be much appreciated I’m sure by the recipients and influential well done.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was the day that my surgery finally decided to have a meeting about the standard of diabetes care. Yippee..
Three members of the PPG attended along with the Senior GP partner, the diabetes nurse, the area diabetes nurse, the business manager and one of the admin team.
I was very surprised when the area diabetes nurse popped up in support of Low Carb... looks like we may even get something going. Allegedly our CCG is looking to do more work on prevention and the Senior GP is the CCG rep for that so everything seemed to dovetail in nicely. I took a printout of the success stories booklet, the why we should do home testing sheet from @Rachox, the weight loss / HbA1c sheet from Birmingham and a couple of press releases about the Low carb program being prescribable and the module from the RCGP by Dr Unwin. At the end the Nurse and the GP were almost fighting over the success stories booklet.
They were amazed and impressed by the weight loss and HbA1c reduction sheet so well done to everyone who was in Birmingham whose numbers contributed..
I might have volunteered my self to help with a support group for the newly diagnosed who are interested in dietary changes before meds... Thanks guys for all your help something might actually be happening..

Brilliant @bulkbiker excellent news and the newly diagnosed in your area will be getting the best advice on offer. Superstar!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well what a difference a year makes! This time last year it seemed like turning the titanic with your little pinky would be easier! Now it actually feels like the tide is turning and at an astonishing rate. Nobody happier than us!

This feedback reiterates above. So glad the Birmingham stuff is coming in really handy. Powerful.

How lucky will the new pts be to have you as their guide! They have no idea just how lucky they are!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That is amazing well done. Its my plan to try to get something going here,( amongst all the other things ). Malta has some of the worst diabetes stats in the world. Its beginning to feel like getting people to listen is becoming a lot more doable now.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
CCG and PPG? Please can you expand? Thanks.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No wonder my GP practice seems reluctant to commit themselves beyond limited generalities. They seemingly have yet to have such a meeting.

Thanks @Debandez for sharing and this thread. It helps me understand a lot more than I did last week when I left my doctors surgery.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CCG and PPG? Please can you expand? Thanks.
CCG Clinical Commissioning Group.. the mob that oversees your GP surgery
PPG Patient Participation Group a group of interested patients who get involved in the running of the GP Surgery

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No wonder my GP practice seems reluctant to commit themselves beyond limited generalities. They seemingly have yet to have such a meeting.

Thanks @Debandez for sharing and this thread. It helps me understand a lot more than I did last week when I left my doctors surgery.
I've been pushing for it for over a year.. the NHS is like an oil tanker.. extremely slow to turn..

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bringing up the rear, here is my interview from the meet-up in Birmingham last year:

https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/yvonne-lost-44kg-going-low-carb/

Smiling from ear to ear! That first screen shot is going to be your new avatar for sure. You look amazing. What a fantastic shot. And you are the first to go keto ( well in the Birmingham event videos!)!!! Inspirational journey. Awesome. A real winner. Showing how it has to be and can be not only sustainable but enjoyable. Well done you. Absolutely love it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished faffing around on my phone! Me n Eric didn't work out (not literally!). Nearly throwing phone out of the window!!! Don't know how but I've done it #hatetech #presentationnext #feelinghappy

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed