What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My LC chocolate granola is a mix of various different recipes. Here it is:

Carbs per 50g portion 3.5g approx. (Not including anything added like yoghurt or cream)

Ingredients:
25g coconut oil melted
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (I used Xylitol but note this is poisonous to pets)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
200 g unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
50 g pumpkin seeds
50 g sunflower seeds
100 g mixed nuts corsely chopped
50 g whole flaxseeds
10 Hotel Chocolate buttons corsely chopped

Instructions:
1. Melt the coconut oil in a glass bowl then stir the sweetener, cinnamon and cocoa powder into it.
2. In a large baking tray, mix all the seeds, nuts, coconut and chocolate pieces together.
3. Poor the chocolate coconut oil over the chocolate, coconut, seed and nut mix then stir well so all the granola is coated with the chocolate coconut oil.
4. Bake at 180C/ 350F/gas mark 6 for 24 minutes, until crispy and brown. The mixture burns VERY easily, so set the timer and turn the mixture every 4 minutes.
5. Serve with Greek yoghurt and berries or with cream or sprinkle over ice cream (Oppo of course!)

Thank you! I have all these ingredients because I was planning on making granola tomorrow, I've never thought of adding cocoa powder or chocolate to the mix before ... what a great idea :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Love the sound of the chocolate granola! Another one to add to my list of things to try!

Breakfast - usual protein peanut & chocolate bare with a cup of tea
Mid morning - cappuccino
Lunch - serious protein overload off the good old meat counter - 4 sriracha hot wings and a chilli & like chicken breast with some mayo. Enjoyed at the time but now 5 hrs later feel really bloated so going to skip dinner as can’t face eating at the minute and after swimming will be too late

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Love the sound of the chocolate granola! Another one to add to my list of things to try!

Breakfast - usual protein peanut & chocolate bare with a cup of tea
Mid morning - cappuccino
Lunch - serious protein overload off the good old meat counter - 4 sriracha hot wings and a chilli & like chicken breast with some mayo. Enjoyed at the time but now 5 hrs later feel really bloated so going to skip dinner as can’t face eating at the minute and after swimming will be too late
Funny for the “bare with a cup of tea”

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

@Chook sorry about the FBG. Always a nasty shock to get an unexplained reading like that. But your dinner sounds amazing.

Today’s menu was lunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese and dinner of Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich with 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages. Now feeling totally stuffed - no need for vats of cream tonight.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Took breakfast and lunch with me as looking afer Cooper - youngest sons dog- who is still in quarantine after getting kennel cough last week, not that you would guess it as he is very well and lively today thankfully!
Breakfast two HM LC ham, cheese and egg savoury muffins
lunch two HM LC chicken, chilli and egg savoury muffins
Dinner LC chicken lasagne ( made pasta and put together yesterday so could whack it into the oven on our return followed by LC raspberry mousse
@zauberflote hope your constipated cat is better soon! Hugs for both you and the poorly cat x
@Emma_369 tea can be hot! Especially if you drink it without milk and clothes!! Enjoy your swim. You made me laugh

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon with hubby at Neros: coconut cappuccino and a mint Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: Ginger, chilli and lime chicken breast with mixed veggies and celeriac mash followed by SF jelly, vanilla chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't get time to post yesterday. Lunch was a in-car Waitrose picnic of harissa pomegranate chicken skewers, babybel, ancho snacking chorizo, lemon and herb chicken. Sunday dinner at my brother's was moussaka (no potatoes on one side, bless him :happy:) with salad, which was lovely. I took LC choc orange mousse for dessert.

Breakfast: Chocolate almond chia pudding
Lunch: Lincolnshire poacher cheese, sliced beef, chicory, sliced red and white cabbage, tomato, cucumber, spring onion.
Snacks: Coke Zero for me. Mr B had a few spiced nuts, almond milk cappuccino and a small piece of 75% choc.
Dinner: LC fish and chips. Haddock in Parmesan, almond, lemon and thyme crumb. Celeriac chips. Roasted cherry toms. HM tartare sauce. Rounded off with an almond milk cocoa with a dash of cream, almond and vanilla extract.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
28-01
XBX 13
9am Pre breakfast 5.9
Breakfast: tea, bacon, egg, mushrooms, McCain hash brown, butter, spinach, tea
11am Post breakfast 5.5

2.45 pre lunch 5.4
Lunch Warburton multi grain and seed bread. Castello blue cheese 25g, apple, water, tea
Probably need salad with this. Have coleslaw, but was trying to compare with yesterday.
4.47 Post lunch 7.3 not enough cheese!

7.50 Pre dinner 4.8
Pork, green pepper and beans casserole, leeks fried in butter, carrots, potatoes
Yoghurt and berries with single cream stirred in
Glass of wine

Total calories 1420, carbs 91g
Still need nearly 400 calories, have 9g of carb left, aiming for 100g

Chocolate again? Peanut butter by the spoonful? Hot chocolate drink? Shame about the cheese at lunchtime, missed out on 108 cals there. Coleslaw would have helped as well.
Will wait until after dinner BG

10.04 post dinner 5.9
Its late, 10pm, don't want to eat more, time for a cup of tea
edited for update

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
B: DD breakfast sandwich
Coffee&cream.
L: @shelley262 ‘s new cracker recipe (very good) some with cream cheese or blue cheese or pastrami. 1 large strawberry with extra thick cream.
D: supposed to be nothing but hungry after getting home from yoga so had 1 spoonful of almond butter to stop tummy rumbling.
Peppermint tea.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still trying to catch up. Bed 6 FBG 5.7 so haggis didn't do any damage. Just as well as I had it again tonight. First early day at school and it went quite well. Seems To have calmed No 1. I was surprised at the number of children who are in class early doing various things. I had a game of guess who? Then went through a couple of books for No 1 to select tasks for the day. After that it was off To Aqua Fit so it became an OMAD day.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - getting back from Aqua Fit then off To get the boys after school.
D. Last of the smoked salmon - half slice and prawns with Marie Rose. Haggis, Neeps and celeriac mash. Few berries and cream.
Off to bed now - early rise again tomorrow.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautifully sunny day here but really cold when outside.

A horrible start to the day - FBG at a really unexpected 9.0, washed hands took again and was 9.1. I have no idea why! :banghead:

Today is an OMAD day (again) and that meal will be chargrilled belly of pork with sugar free sweet chilli dipping sauce.

Drinks: black decaff coffee or still spring water
Did your BGs correct themselves? I've had a few like that but usually it's when I'm unwell or getting better. Hugs xx

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thanks @shelley262 We got the vet over with. He and his brother are definitely showing their age, sigh...what does looking after the now-frisky (yay!!) Cooper entail?
@maglil55 so glad the routine had calming effect on #1! If I were not on my phone, I’d give you “Winner” for doing that for him

Reactions: Tori71 and maglil55

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Today was a terrible day, including bg’s high for the whole day so far. Went to my ballet class and attitude adjusted very upwards, thank goodness!
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg. Followed immediately by scrambled egg+white in olive oil, delicious and comforting. Decaf/soy/cream.
Lunch 1 1/2 hrs later than usual. Celery, swiss cheese.
Snacks two blobs of butter to fuel ballet class. Got home, bg yet higher but lower than the day’s record. For me, hard exercise seems to raise it. Ravenous, very starving, wanted tin of sardines but was feeding cats so cut some swiss cheese to nibble (strike that, chomp on!). Still very hungry; it’s nearly 3 hrs after usual cutoff, not sure what I’ll do here. Maybe butter again and call that bedtime snack too.
Way OT but I am so proud of my bionic hips, which are tolerating this ballet business extremely well! Bravo Dr Orthopod Surgeon!! Even more OT I wore required actual ballet dress and was tickled that I looked better than most of the 20- and 30-somethings!! Vanity thy name is me!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55