Diabetics R Us

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I've been so busy that I've not been in for a week, but it's good to catch up with all your news :) I hope it snows tomorrow night and we get a snow day on Wednesday!!

Reactions: heh

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I've been so busy that I've not been in for a week, but it's good to catch up with all your news :) I hope it snows tomorrow night and we get a snow day on Wednesday!!

Welcome back. I was wondering where you'd gone ... :)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Been missing for a couple of days, hope you are all well.
Alan has a nice black eye from his biopsy which is healing nicely and he's not heard anything yet. He had bllods taken yesterday to check on the liver function and his HbA1c again.

It's just started snowing here but it's not sticking.

Stay warm peeps.

H :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome back, @heh . Snow was predicted here but all we got was a little rain. Then they tried telling us to expect black ice on the wet roads. But after several hours of sunshine I would expect the roads to be dry. Kinda hard to have ice of any color on dry roads. However, we do have bridges on the interstates here. So hopefully no slipping or sliding come rush hour.

Hoping for great results back from Alan's lab work. :)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The snow has stopped :(. we might be lucky and get a huge dump during the night :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, I think I just got a telling off for spelling fiber/fibre in the 'wrong' kind of English on another thread. My English must be very good to get that kind of reaction :p

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, I think I just got a telling off for spelling fiber/fibre in the 'wrong' kind of English on another thread. My English must be very good to get that kind of reaction :p

I saw that on the other thread. Easy mistake to make if you use the spellcheck as it uses American English, which I find very annoying when it keeps trying to change words such as recognise to recognize, so I just add the correct English version to the dictionary.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
What nonsense there is no real difference between them.

"
Fiber vs. fibre

There is no difference in meaning between fiber and fibre. Fiber is the preferred spelling in American English, and fibre is preferred in all the other main varieties of English.
Both spellings are many centuries old, and neither spelling was clearly prevalent on either side of the Atlantic until the second half of the 18th century. This was a period in which many British educators began to consider it proper for English words of French and Latin origin to take their more French and Latin forms rather than their more Anglicized forms. Fibre is the French spelling of the word from which the English word is derived, so it was promoted as the standard spelling despite its being unphonetic. The belief that French and Latin should hold sway over English never had much traction in the post-independence United States, and while Americans also favored the French spelling through the 19th century, the more phonetic fiber steadily gained ground through that century until becoming the preferred form around 1910."

https://grammarist.com/spelling/fiber-fibre/

So spell it any way you like.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the medal, @Bluetit1802 . I almost got angry for a moment there (on the other thread), but I think I limited the venom in my answer enough to stay within the rules of both the forum and my conscience :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What nonsense there is no real difference between them.

"
Fiber vs. fibre

There is no difference in meaning between fiber and fibre. Fiber is the preferred spelling in American English, and fibre is preferred in all the other main varieties of English.
Both spellings are many centuries old, and neither spelling was clearly prevalent on either side of the Atlantic until the second half of the 18th century. This was a period in which many British educators began to consider it proper for English words of French and Latin origin to take their more French and Latin forms rather than their more Anglicized forms. Fibre is the French spelling of the word from which the English word is derived, so it was promoted as the standard spelling despite its being unphonetic. The belief that French and Latin should hold sway over English never had much traction in the post-independence United States, and while Americans also favored the French spelling through the 19th century, the more phonetic fiber steadily gained ground through that century until becoming the preferred form around 1910."

https://grammarist.com/spelling/fiber-fibre/

So spell it any way you like.
My fingers itch to copy this on the other thread, but I don't. But should you feel the urge... It's a real fun thread too, with lots of cats and dogs and squirrels :)
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...te-of-which-sugars.160604/page-6#post-1974950
(wondering if I just crossed some line here o_O)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But wouldn't that be his right if you were on the left? If y'all were driving towards each other in England?
In which case both of you would be right?

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
But wouldn't that be his right if you were on the left? If y'all were driving towards each other in England?
In which case both of you would be right?
Now your just blinding me with omni directional science :)
Mind you that means we can both be right so share the honours.
Good morning all.