What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe you nerd an adjustment to your medications, speak to your GP or DAN.
Yes I do keep having my insulin levels increased but as I’m only on slow release I wonder if I need some quick release too for when I eat. This is going to be discussed at my new consultation on the 15th. Which I know isn’t long but 2 and a bit weeks seems to be coming around very slowly!

Reactions: philchap1

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Morning all. Another bad number of 12.6 and still the conjunctivitis, although it wasn’t as sticky this morning so hopefully the eye drops are working.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I eat low carb and do at least 1.5 hours of walking a day. I ate my metformin regularly and I also take my insulin. It just seems like the more time goes on the worse the numbers get. Yesterday I couldn’t get below 10 but averaged 13 all day!

Not sure what else I can do...... any suggestions welcome.

Have a good day everyone!

Definitely get on to your DSN again. Sounds like your insulin needs some more adjustment. Sometimes it can take a while to hit on the correct dose.

P

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Yes I do keep having my insulin levels increased but as I’m only on slow release I wonder if I need some quick release too for when I eat. This is going to be discussed at my new consultation on the 15th. Which I know isn’t long but 2 and a bit weeks seems to be coming around very slowly!
Hi SB,

Our messages crossed! Marvellous news about your appointment. Are you recording your numbers?

P
x

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 this morning so nearly in the fun zone.
Meeting youngest son for coffee soon and indoor chores later. Need to chase up my “urgent” eye appt at the hospital. Roof man coming back to “look” tomorrow the bane of my life atm!
@Bubbsie hang on in there girl x.
@Cumberland that was low hope you’re ok now
@SB.25 sorry you are having a rough time and hope its better soon.
@alf_Josiah could you please take over Brexit cos you make more sense than any of that lot.
@Ziggy2017 how are you?
Have a great day everyone. Watch out for snow and ice. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

frosty morning today as expected but no snow here yet ;) we will be taking mum to the bank today and will have lunch out together.

Yesterday we braved the cold and did a bit of work in the garden, then moved the old oil tank round the end of the house near the shed,
We're pondering the best way to dispose of it and (since we have to chop it up), whether we can turn it into something useful, current idea is to perhaps turn part into a log store and part into a plant trough :)

Hope your day treats you well :)
Log store - nothing much beats a big, well built store of logs. Bit like dry stone walling. More satisfaction from that than any LC recipe.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.8 this morning
@Bubbsie sounds like you need deep breathing to get through next few days good luck with Thursday
@DJC3 looks like your IF is working - next step is not to lose more weight or be hungry!
@geefull must be difficult when you’ve maintained a long while to put some back on - are you keen to lose this again? Bodies seem to almost breathe a sigh of relief and adjust to new regimes after a while and it may help to switch things round a bit? Having said that your bgs are top notch girl maybe it’s a reaction to the weather forecasts to keep you warm!
@ziggy_w good to see you back brilliant bgs numbers during what is clearly a work stress time. Btw I’m loving my imported from Germany and now sliced in my freezer Lidl protein rolls I consider myself lucky!
@PenguinMum hope that your roof gets sorted soon
@SaskiaKC loving your cat stories - we always had cats too and I do miss them so good to hear of yours
@Debandez youredoing amazing with your bgs especially as you continually rush around
@Goonergal thoselow 4s are also astonishing wonder if they will remain so low when you finish carnivore January and move into eating some non animal products in February well done on getting so far with your January resolution.
@rhubarb73 that swing after yesterday must have been frustrating it all feels a bit of a lottery at times.
I’ve just read through a lot of posts so hope haven’t missed anything or anyone’s important news! My brain can only hold so much info at a time and there’s a lot of stuff on here!
‘Up and at em’ we may need strength today to deal with our yellow snow.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
still delicious! LOL![/QUOTE
I'm prepared to accept your word on this. I'm now happy to go with wines and spirits , the challenge being mainly getting enough fluids in other acceptable forms to make up the 2- 3 ptrs of recommended fluids per day !

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Saskia I'm not quite sure what you mean by this...I have access to my records with the online system...however that is limited and I would not have access to my complete medical records..
Difficult to believe we are in the 21st century when these things happen..... Really sorry to hear about it !

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning All. 6.0 this morning so nearly in the fun zone.
@alf_Josiah could you please take over Brexit cos you make more sense than any of that lot.
Me and my other me's take over brexit? Are you mad?
I can't control my blood sugars let alone a bunch of self serving, expense fiddling policians, but a nice phase springs to my collective minds " come the revolution they would be first against the wall "
The people voted out, is out out or out but in?
Reminds me's of a little song " you put your whole self in, your whole self out, in, out, shake it all about " or something like that.
Must go got a paper to write on quantum physma plasics, now when did I leave my quill and ink pot.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Difficult to believe we are in the 21st century when these things happen..... Really sorry to hear about it !
Thanks Orson...and everyone else who pitched in with support...a call from Dr Dreadful this morning...twenty minutes spent discussing the lack of practice management from their practice manager...why I couldn't get the information I needed...apologies (again)...made sure he was copied into the emails I sent to his manager where she has more or less blamed him...said I was not a training aid for the practice and should not be viewed as such...tired of hearing staff have been reminded of the procedures/I've identified a training need.I .just wanted some information which any of them could have given me...would I be sympathetic if she (PM) got a dammed good talking to...NO...,absolutely not.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks Orson...and everyone else who pitched in with support...a call from Dr Dreadful this morning...twenty minutes spent discussing the lack of practice management from their practice manager...why I couldn't get the information I needed...apologies (again)...made sure he was copied into the emails I sent to his manager where she has more or less blamed him...said I was not a training aid for the practice and should not be viewed as such...tired of hearing staff have been reminded of the procedures/I've identified a training need.I .just wanted some information which any of them could have given me...would I be sympathetic if she (PM) got a dammed good talking to...NO...,absolutely not.

Attachments

• omfg sometimes words fail 713kb.jpg
    omfg sometimes words fail 713kb.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 106

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me and my other me's take over brexit? Are you mad?
I can't control my blood sugars let alone a bunch of self serving, expense fiddling policians, but a nice phase springs to my collective minds " come the revolution they would be first against the wall "
The people voted out, is out out or out but in?
Reminds me's of a little song " you put your whole self in, your whole self out, in, out, shake it all about " or something like that.
Must go got a paper to write on quantum physma plasics, now when did I leave my quill and ink pot.

Or you can always go bark at MPs instead of postpeople.