Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I suspect it's unaccustomed exercise, tbh! First session I went high, second one I went low. Third one I turned the pump off for an hour before and was ok; this time I forgot. We shall see what happens next time!
Can you time a reminder alarm via pump or Libre/app tso you stop the pump via the pump or Libre/ app ?

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@kitedoc - saw this and thought of you ;)

0C7DDD81-34EA-48EE-A520-3A6643E8CDEC.jpeg

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Buenos dias
@smc4761 it is annoying waking with a hypo. Unfortunately Libre has a tendency to under read when our BG is low or when we put pressure on it such as when lying down. Therefore I try to avoid treating a Libre hypo until I have confirmed it with a finger prick.
I am spending most of this week on an exhibition stand during the day and the nights in bars. Whilst on the stand, I have jeans pockets to keep my phone and business cards and my bag is in a cupboard.
Lunchtime are very busy so eating takes second place to talking to customers and giving them demos.
During lunch time today, I felt hypo (probably caused by last night's bar visits). I tested with my Libre and phone and it said my bg was low. I could not get to the cupboard to get to my bag containing my meter and GlucoTabs to confirm so ambled over to busy coffee station and helped myself to a couple of sachets of sugar. Unfortunately this did not help so, seeing an opening to the cupboard, I dived in to realise the cupboard had been rearranged and my bag was missing. At this point irrational hypo brain was trying to take control and customers were demanding a branded football and all my colleagues who could help were busy. Eventually I found my bag in another cupboard and walked away. This is a no no on at an exhibition during busy time but irrational hypo brain was not in the right state to explain.
Hypo is treated now, my diabetes paraphernalia is still laid out in front of me and one colleague has had the sense to check I am OK. Which I am.
Next step is to return to the stand (which is now quiet) and rationally explain why moving my bag is a very very bad idea.
Really feel for you and the 'irrational hypo brain'. Glad it got sorted in the end, though.

Reactions: Kim Possible

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can you time a reminder alarm via pump or Libre/app tso you stop the pump via the pump or Libre/ app ?
Yeah, I was just a bit distracted with a teenager needing picking up just before my class this time. I usually remember to do it when I’m getting dressed/changed.

Reactions: Cumberland

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay . Glad to hear you didn’t go all out, need assistance hypo.
Hypo brain is annoying, frightening and destructive. Fortunately it sounds like “ back up, we can sort this brain “ kicked in.
I do believe that we evolve where hypos are concerned, as bad as they often can get,with experience our bodies seem more able to avoid meltdown, panic and total shutdown. Only my experience though.:).
Would like to have been a fly on your stand whilst you pointed out that “ no one moves this bag “:)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that Mel - I gave up on yoga as I went once and because I hadn't been to this class before the teacher kept coming over to walk me through stuff which left me feeling self conscious and also went hypo so ended up sitting out for a good chunk of the class, then got worried it would happen again so didn't go back, i've done yoga before t1 and loved it, so was quite disheartening. I am sure i'd try it again though with a CGM on me to try and catch any potential drops.

JuicyJ, would you consider trying some gentle stuff at home, following YouTube? There's some great stuff up there. It's a shame of you enjoyed it before.

Reactions: porl69 and Juicyj

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh this could be fun. For the first time, to the best of my knowledge, I injected the wrong insulin at teatime. Took about 8 units of Levemir before I suddenly realised it should have been Novo rapid. I have taken my usual Novorapid dose. Will adjust my Levemir dose tonight and just keep checking my BG

Reactions: porl69 and Juicyj

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmm... 5 days back into eating what had become my preferred way pre-insulin, I'm quickly back to no aching joints, a much happier digestive system, more level blood sugars, better energy levels and even a much-eased tendonitis at the back of my left ankle which had been bothersome for a few months, but not really slowing me up.. I'd been blaming the latter on all kinds of various excuses, (boots, both walking and safety, needing replacing, maybe a bit of over-achieving on the miles, or carrying too heavy a back-pack on walking days) and had even been on the verge on giving up on this year's walking challenges before I'd really got going.

The Foolish Person who suggested our Emergency Biscuit Eating (very occasional) habit was responsible for the high level of diabetes in the room (Me, lovely T2 student and A. N. Other) got put right in no uncertain terms. It's always highly entertaining de-bunking such myths - but I did, in all seriousness, state I was tired of the "jokes" along those lines from a number of sources, and they were to cease forthwith.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I too would've liked to have heard the conversation about not moving your bag - but it's really so not funny. Hope all goes well from now on.

@smc4761 I did exactly the same thing in reverse recently - injected bolus instead of basal. Fortunately I managed to do this in the morning so I could easily monito (and eat myself silly) to cope with it. Hope you have a safe and hypo-free night!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I too would've liked to have heard the conversation about not moving your bag - but it's really so not funny. Hope all goes well from now on.

@smc4761 I did exactly the same thing in reverse recently - injected bolus instead of basal. Fortunately I managed to do this in the morning so I could easily monito (and eat myself silly) to cope with it. Hope you have a safe and hypo-free night!

Hi @hh1 Thank you for your kind thoughts. All good here despite me being a numpty. Went to bed on a BG of 5.3, woke up around 3.30 and was BG4.1, couple of sweets and woke up to a rather nice BG4.7

Thinking of going back to bed though its minus 4 here at moment under clear dark skies with a very light layer of snow

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @hh1 Thank you for your kind thoughts. All good here despite me being a numpty. Went to bed on a BG of 5.3, woke up around 3.30 and was BG4.1, couple of sweets and woke up to a rather nice BG4.7

Thinking of going back to bed though its minus 4 here at moment under clear dark skies with a very light layer of snow
Hi @smc4761, minus 4, which units, mmol/l or degrees C?. You would certainly have outdone @helensaramay of -.07 mmol/l fame if it was mmol/l.