What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday. It it is the hump of the week; once you've gotten over it you're on the downhill run to the weekend.
Sometimes called Wonderful Wednesday. :)

This is a commercial for a car insurance company (maybe this is also Dan & Desmond at the end?)--

Okay Saskia...you learn something new every day...:)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really hungry, this isn’t sustainable for me, I started to feel quite grotty this afternoon, but to be fair that could have been due to too much coffee!
I’m going to try a narrow eating window like your 3 small meals in 8hr or 2 medium meals.
It’s never boring, this condition is it?
Good idea @DJC3 know I’ve told you this before but I only ever managed a maximum 23 hour fast so hats off to you on your 30hours. I stuck to eating in a one hour window for one month but I was very overweight and so had fat on board! I really can’t anymore now I’m slender. Max I reduce to is 2 meals but only if there is a reason like not hungry as ate late, Pilates class or just in a rush. Prefer the three small meals in 8 hour feeding window and 16 hours IF. Keeps me from feeling hungry and deprived which is how I used to feel when eating low fat.. let’s hope having reset this would help you to maintain it. I do also feel you should consider having another meter if only to run it alongside for a bit. Thinking of you x

Reactions: Emma_369 and DJC3

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I've kept my resolution today that instead of just sulking about a bad morning score, I will put it in perspective and go and give some encouragement to new forum members. I can readily recall how overwhelming it all was at first. I thought I'd tag a few in case they feel like joining in our thread. So hello to @yorkshirelad27 @Starfish18 @Muddikins and @Emily D.
That's my good deed for the day folks - back to my sulk.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plea for help from those who are ITK. I watched the Phinney Q and A which at first glance seemed like motherhood and apple pie and had this lovely pie chart.
SUKcOq53GnLz5Em9xZQlBrzy7pRHFUVzetpPYHqX95LB1gbbt7Xaa4oiy9F-MpfxOndz0QUbNb4xMyRlhznD6bTZ9RCIzG7Sr4Ykheudx3oWYVuVCitECJ_Ho0tM0-QApVJ70JVS

Trouble is, it is not clear to me if this is how each meal should look or each day? 2ndly, there is no attempt to get to the granular level i.e. what actually goes on a plate or in a bowl? 3rd issue is how I could make such a diet tolerable since I can't possibly see how I will find it enjoyable. This is a genuine plea as from what I can see/glean those members doing this/getting very close have lowest fbg/A!C. (Yes, my lab tests come back saying normal for A1C but I want better if I can sensibly manage it.)
Hi @ianpspurs you know what I eat from my daily diary! I don’t give quantities or breakdowns as I do not and have never analysed my fat to protein ratio just count my carb max up to 30. I would suspect though that I am much higher on protein than fat. I am nervous about lots of fat rightly or wrongly because of my high cholesterol and so tend to balance fat with protein. I also don’t eat masses of veg but really couldn’t do without my veggies. I do have a fair amount of diary and know you’re not keen but also lots of olive oil, nuts, seeds, fat free fage yoghurt ( as it’s same carb content as the 5%) it’s hard working out best way for you but intend to stick to my keto carb count and not worry too much about the other two as long as I maintain my bgs and weight at the level they are at and I’m happy with at the moment. Good luck

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 with an added bonus of 31 on my home hba1c test! Normally accurate within 4 points so I'm happy as a reflection of maintaining LCHF throughout Xmas period. Lots of festivities but good choices made and still had cracking meals and celebrations. I love LCHF.

PPG meeting tonight. Looking forward to that.

Nearly hump day folks.
Congratulations @Debandez well done you especially at this time of year

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've kept my resolution today that instead of just sulking about a bad morning score, I will put it in perspective and go and give some encouragement to new forum members. I can readily recall how overwhelming it all was at first. I thought I'd tag a few in case they feel like joining in our thread. So hello to @yorkshirelad27 @Starfish18 @Muddikins and @Emily D.
What a brilliant idea @rhubarb73 lets hope tomorrow is more like you expect

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs you know what I eat from my daily diary! I don’t give quantities or breakdowns as I do not and have never analysed my fat to protein ratio just count my carb max up to 30. I would suspect though that I am much higher on protein than fat. I am nervous about lots of fat rightly or wrongly because of my high cholesterol and so tend to balance fat with protein. I also don’t eat masses of veg but really couldn’t do without my veggies. I do have a fair amount of diary and know you’re not keen but also lots of olive oil, nuts, seeds, fat free fage yoghurt ( as it’s same carb content as the 5%) it’s hard working out best way for you but intend to stick to my keto carb count and not worry too much about the other two as long as I maintain my bgs and weight at the level they are at and I’m happy with at the moment. Good luck
Thanks for the reply @shelley262. I am really starting to rue the day I delved into parts of this site and the links suggested. IF, OMAD, Keto, autophagy, macros (surely we eat meals not percentages?) and Uncle Tom Cobley. This is much more woe than help with a WOE:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that @dunelm Plugged details into the 2nd link and of the 2 meals suggested 1 was totally off limits for me - almond butter and almonds. I know there are alternatives but if that is the type of meal plan I have no chance - just as I expected:arghh::arghh::arghh: At least you didn't suggest DD so thanks for that and anyone thinking I could look there please don't

O ... K ...

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all

5.3 this morning. We are still digging out snow, over 10" here since yesterday (the heaviest in over a decade). I had plans to go shopping buy my street still isn't passable. It's becoming bitterly cold here as well because of the polar vortex (a pattern where cold air from the north pole shifts down). There are predicting the possible breaking of cold records. :(

I'm in Toronto (Mississauga) too, and it's been crazy. They're saying it's going to feel like -30°C until Friday. :eek:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all

5.3 this morning. We are still digging out snow, over 10" here since yesterday (the heaviest in over a decade). I had plans to go shopping buy my street still isn't passable. It's becoming bitterly cold here as well because of the polar vortex (a pattern where cold air from the north pole shifts down). There are predicting the possible breaking of cold records. :(
Hugs for the weather. Makes me cold just reading about it!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1548184601215.jpg

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hello everyone I forgot to post these last couple of days days but my blood sugars have been 4.9 for the last few mornings I finally got a sample from my cough so it’s been sent of to the hospital in Newcastle where they will test it. I know
this is an awfully silly thing to be having nightmares about but they want to put a scope down in to my tummy and test for acid reflux they are also doing a broncoscopy and I’m terrified as I’ve had feeding tubes put in before and it has caused a lot of trauma but they reassured me I would be asleep during these procedures. Hope everyone has had a good day tbh I’m ready for bed right now have a good night everyone

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plea for help from those who are ITK. I watched the Phinney Q and A which at first glance seemed like motherhood and apple pie and had this lovely pie chart.
SUKcOq53GnLz5Em9xZQlBrzy7pRHFUVzetpPYHqX95LB1gbbt7Xaa4oiy9F-MpfxOndz0QUbNb4xMyRlhznD6bTZ9RCIzG7Sr4Ykheudx3oWYVuVCitECJ_Ho0tM0-QApVJ70JVS

Trouble is, it is not clear to me if this is how each meal should look or each day? 2ndly, there is no attempt to get to the granular level i.e. what actually goes on a plate or in a bowl? 3rd issue is how I could make such a diet tolerable since I can't possibly see how I will find it enjoyable. This is a genuine plea as from what I can see/glean those members doing this/getting very close have lowest fbg/A!C. (Yes, my lab tests come back saying normal for A1C but I want better if I can sensibly manage it.)

Hi Ian

My macros work out at 80% fat, 1-5% carbs (depending on level of carnivory) and the rest protein. Ideally aim for twice as many grams of fat as protein, but that’s very difficult to achieve without vats of cream / butter being added to everything. The lower the carbs the less important the protein/fat thing seems to be in terms of FBG and BG in general. Probably not much help to you as you like more veg.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my book it means half way through the week. In others something totally different!!

At my primary school good behaviour used to be rewarded with a black star being stamped on your hand using an ink pad. They were known as ‘bonking stars’!

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian

My macros work out at 80% fat, 1-5% carbs (depending on level of carnivory) and the rest protein. Ideally aim for twice as many grams of fat as protein, but that’s very difficult to achieve without vats of cream / butter being added to everything. The lower the carbs the less important the protein/fat thing seems to be in terms of FBG and BG in general. Probably not much help to you as you like more veg.
Thanks @Goonergal. Think Meatloaf has that covered for me.:banghead: