Lo Dough

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried Lo Dough? What did you use it forr?

Trying to decide whether to get some for a pizza base but i’m not sure.

I know about cauli base or fathead but fancy something more.....doughy

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried Lo Dough? What did you use it forr?

Trying to decide whether to get some for a pizza base but i’m not sure.

I know about cauli base or fathead but fancy something more.....doughy

Hi there, yes I have tried it. It is not 'doughy' in the slightest and I don't think it's meant to be. It tastes NOTHING like a pizza base and in my opinion it is practically tasteless. It reminds me of polystyrene when you take it out of the packet and looks odd. Now, having said all of that it is very low carb (and calories if you're bothered about that) and when you place your sauce and various toppings on it (as low carb as you choose) then it holds up well as a pizza and the overall pizza tastes delicious. That is down to the toppings though, not the lo dough. It is also expensive so I do not think it is worth it overall. Hope that helps.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found it completely tasteless and expensive. I used it for pizza base and as a wrap for a sandwich but wouldn’t buy it again

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some for when we went on holiday last summer. It wasn't brilliant to use as a wrap. I think it's brilliant as a pizza base and I've also made some fab French toast with it. I bought some more fairly recently, but I don't eat it a great deal. Will buy more in the future.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have ordered some Lo-Dough after reading reviews about it and as with everything there are good and some negative but overall the reviews are good and lot of low carb diabetics have it Most people use it for a pizza base and say it is a the nearest thing to the real thing they have had. My husband loved Pizza before T2. I have tried the cauliflower base and that was awful he did not like that at all so this Lo-Dough sounds like the answer. Some do say it has not flavour but then nor has pizza base got much so that will not be a problem for it is the topping that will give it flavour
https://lodough.co/

Last edited:

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone. I’ve decided to give it a try. Ordered some today and will try ‘pizza’ with it.