Peeed off with the libre!!!

Morto15

Ok so it was going good with the libre all my readings had settled down and were within 1 of my blood sugar readings then after 6 days the reader said change sensor, sensor expired so ok bit fed up with that so put my only other one on last night woke up this morning went into the bathroom caught it on the door frame and ripped it off!!! Hadn’t even had a reading off it
So £100 for 6 days of readings, too expensive for me so my life changing gadget is going to be binned and back to pricking the finger

Morto15

Ps not only that super drug told me yesterday that they are having difficulty in getting them so even if I wanted to carry on I couldn’t, it’s giving me more grief and stress I was fine just pricking my finger just accepted it!

Reactions: anq
D

Deleted Account

Others have received excellent responses from Abbot for defective sensors.
If you still have the one that reported the change sensor after 6 days, you can contact them and they will send a new one.
Unfortunately, they are unlikely to be at fault for catching the other on your doorframe.

Regarding purchasing them from SuperDrug: for a while SuperDrug were the cheapest place to get them. However, they have put the price up. I believe Asda is now the cheapest at £44 each. I bought some from there recently and, whilst others were experiencing delayed deliveries direct from Abbot, Asda had no supply problems.

Morto15

That’s interesting but does not solve them coming off I saw some like ring plasters on eBay maybe they would protect the edges better I don’t know I was miffed this morning but on reflection if I can get some might give it another go
Thanks for the reply

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I don’t know I was miffed this morning

Not as miffed as I was when I dropped the rotten thing before I got it on my arm, I've also knocked them off on door jams.

Abbott seem to have a good reputation for replacing "faulty" sensors but unfortunately dropping them and knocking then on door jams doesn't count.

I position mine on my arm but slightly towards the back of the arm. So if you were to look at me head on you wouldn't see it.

As for supply, that's a pain, I also had to give up on Superdrug because they mentioned something about quotas to me and type Is get preference. As mentioned, other stores have different prices, I settle for £47.50 at my local Boots. They are definitely a game changer.

Morto15

Well a heads up I went to Asda this morning as it was too cold to lay bricks they sold me 3 for £46 each so have decided to give it another go just a thought can you put them on your chest?