Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I had porridge with raisins. And several cups of tea. Daughter had sausage and bacon.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any particular porridge you use? What sort to avoid?
Do note that many T1's do not need to cut carbs, whereas many T2's do, so porridge for T1's can be dealt with by the insulin we take, but as a T2 you may have more issues with it (many T2's on these forums will totally avoid porridge)

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do note that many T1's do not need to cut carbs, whereas many T2's do, so porridge for T1's can be dealt with by the insulin we take, but as a T2 you may have more issues with it (many T2's on these forums will totally avoid porridge)

Yes that’s true. Strange because some places recommend it?!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What’s for breakfast this morning?
Tea. (More specifically, a herbal tea with staranise and mint and licorice root. :) Normally it'd be a chai, with cinnamon, but just felt like something different today.)

I'll literally 'break my fast' around lunchtime though. Not sure what I'll have yet... May be eggs with cinnamon and cream (and maybe a few berries), may be eggs with bacon, ham and cheese, may be tuna salad with capers, mayo and olives.... That last one is the least work, so, it may be that simple. Just tossing everything in, done.

...And now I'm hunrgy.

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea. (More specifically, a herbal tea with staranise and mint and licorice root. :) Normally it'd be a chai, with cinnamon, but just felt like something different today.)

I'll literally 'break my fast' around lunchtime though. Not sure what I'll have yet... May be eggs with cinnamon and cream (and maybe a few berries), may be eggs with bacon, ham and cheese, may be tuna salad with capers, mayo and olives.... That last one is the least work, so, it may be that simple. Just tossing everything in, done.

...And now I'm hunrgy.

I note mayonnaise.... I thought it was a no-no... :drool

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I note mayonnaise.... I thought it was a no-no... :drool
Depends. Proper mayo doesn't have sugar in, but some brands seem to think it should have it. So again it's a matter of checking the packaging. And realising that it's per 100 ml, and you're not likely to eat 100ml of the stuff in one go. But yeah, I'm a mayo fiend... It's one of the few sauces that isn't filled to the brim with sugars, syrups and what have you. it's mostly just fat (oil) and protein (egg). Check this visual guide from Dietdoctor.... It may make you step away from the ketchup though.

LC-Fats-Sauces-2_170506_2.jpg