Newbie [emoji4][emoji4]

Rosie B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks, I'm another newbie. HbA1c 82.. I've purchased my own monitor because in my area these arent supplied. And it's extremely helpful to see exactly what certain types of foods are doing to my levels.
This is all so daunting. But like many I've read a lot of information myself. And yet I still know nothing! Yesterday I started my first ever Metformin, not slow release... And had vomiting & frequency using the loo a number of times. I've also got Orange urine.
Anyway I'm continuing with my meds again this am and my low carb michael mosley food plan. Hoping any side effects will vanish with the frost and snow that we have.
Best wishes to everyone today. Glad to have this space to talk to those who understand. Thank you.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. If horrible symptoms from side effects continue then ask your nurse or GP for the slow release version, it is said to be kinder on the...erm... system.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks, I'm another newbie. HbA1c 82.. I've purchased my own monitor because in my area these arent supplied. And it's extremely helpful to see exactly what certain types of foods are doing to my levels.
This is all so daunting. But like many I've read a lot of information myself. And yet I still know nothing! Yesterday I started my first ever Metformin, not slow release... And had vomiting & frequency using the loo a number of times. I've also got Orange urine.
Anyway I'm continuing with my meds again this am and my low carb michael mosley food plan. Hoping any side effects will vanish with the frost and snow that we have.
Best wishes to everyone today. Glad to have this space to talk to those who understand. Thank you.
Hi Rosie,

If the side effects continue for too long or become too horrid, just ask for different meds. If Metformin Slow Release's version then isn't working for you, there's still gliclazide and a load of other medications. Metformin is just the first they tend to try.

OR, should your bloodglucose go noticably down according to your meter, on your new diet in a hurry (for some it happens faster than others) and you think it is sustainable for you, discuss trying diet-only first with your doctor.

In any case, welcome, and hope you feel better soon!
Jo

Reactions: Rosie B

Rosie B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rosie,

If the side effects continue for too long or become too horrid, just ask for different meds. If Metformin Slow Release's version then isn't working for you, there's still gliclazide and a load of other medications. Metformin is just the first they tend to try.

OR, should your bloodglucose go noticably down according to your meter, on your new diet in a hurry (for some it happens faster than others) and you think it is sustainable for you, discuss trying diet-only first with your doctor.

In any case, welcome, and hope you feel better soon!
Jo
@JoKalsbeek thank you. Appreciate your reply.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek
Hi, like you, I’ve found it all very overwhelming having just been diagnosed two weeks ago. You are not on your own and this forum has been wonderful and advice I’ve had has at the moment helped me stabilise my blood sugar. Take care

Reactions: Rosie B

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome. I am a newbie too. I'm just on diet alone atm and like yourself I've learned a lot but atm feel like I know nothing. From what I can tell this is a great site full of people that tell you the truth and not just what you want to hear
What's the Michael Mosleys food plan
All the best on your diabetic journey