What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez love your brochure! I think we need to call you the Diabetes Dynamo! Do you know if the other lady speaker is on board with LCHF? Well done on your own numbers.
@Ziggy2017 good to hear from you...have a snug day under a rug with your viewing.
You do make me smile!!! I love your comments. Its @xfieldok. How lucky am.i!!! She is amazing. So knowledgable. Hope we get a good turnout. But even if we get 1 they might enjoy it and spread the word. Patient to patient is far better than any DESMOND course!!!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.5 this morning dropping to 5.3 before breakfast which was a nice surprise.
Re Specsavers charging £10 for glaucoma testing ( which I posted about a couple of days ago) I went back in to query it. It’s actually an OCT 3d scan they are doing which is an optional more sensitive test that the routine optician examination apparently. ( and can pick up early signs of macular damage and retinopathy) I probably would have gone for it anyway but was annoyed it wasn’t explained to me.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Wow late check in ... 6.2 this morning.
...sadly the glass of whisky didnt have a long term effect. I was 4.7 when I went to bed though so for me at least it does give a lowering effect but only temporary.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You do make me smile!!! I love your comments. Its @xfieldok. How lucky am.i!!! She is amazing. So knowledgable. Hope we get a good turnout. But even if we get 1 they might enjoy it and spread the word. Patient to patient is far better than any DESMOND course!!!
A slap in the face with a wet fish is better than any DESMOND course Debandez...an evening with Donald Trump would be better than any DESMOND course...renegotiating the BREXIT deal is better than any DESMOND course...okay...I'll stop now

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A slap in the face with a wet fish is better than any DESMOND course Debandez...an evening with Donald Trump would be better than any DESMOND course...renegotiating the BREXIT deal is better than any DESMOND course...okay...I'll stop now
Laughing out loud whilst admiring your new hair style in your avatar. Gorgeous.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wow late check in ... 6.2 this morning.
...sadly the glass of whisky didnt have a long term effect. I was 4.7 when I went to bed though so for me at least it does give a lowering effect but only temporary.
Whisky doesn't always lower my BS but after a couple I don't seem to care so much. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And here are the FBG lottery numbers for this morning. On the one hand, the winning number is seven-point-three. And on the other hand, six-point-six. Congratulations. We'll be right back, after a word from our local sponsor, Kitty-Noms. No carbs! No counting! Just pop the lid! And another lid! And another! And another!

Work off your own breakfast with this wonderful exercise while challenging your brain to see which Kitty-Noms flavor wins the cat-food lottery today!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Laughing out loud whilst admiring your new hair style in your avatar. Gorgeous.
Thanks Debandez...I feel so strongly that the DESMOND courses are a total waste of public money...it gives out the most archaic inaccurate advice I have ever heard...it's misleading...just another money maker for those that run them...all at our expense...in terms of our money & our health...the fact they hold those up as the gold standard to educate (and I use the term loosely) newly diagnosed T2's is shocking.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1548867604676.jpg

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good night everyone I’m just getting ready for bed but I have a question as most of you know I’m using the freestyle libre sensor last night when I leaned on my arm it stung really bad it started stinging again at dinner time so I took it out and put a new one in the opposite arm but if I lean on it at all it starts to sting and my arm is also aching even though I’m not using it a lot any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you everyone and have a good nights rest

Reactions: Cumberland