The Low-carb Diabetes Cookbook by Cavan and Porter

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I bought this cookery book from Amazon recently. I have been trying some recipes this week with good results.
Since Lidl stopped selling their lovely rolls I have struggled to get bread. This book has a recipe for Super seeded bread which I made last night to have with half an avocado, slice of bacon and a soft boiled egg (from our own hens) for breakfast. I made cheddar cheese, spring onion and almond 'scones' today to have with a roasted broccoli, Sun dried tomato and mozzarella bake. Oh and scotch eggs with a mixed seed coating for lunch.
Tomorrow I will be making a chicken curry. This book has given me an interest in cooking again. I'm feeding this to my husband too and without any promoting he said it was tasty, praise from him!
Have any of you got this book too and what do you think of it?
If I've posted on the wrong place, please move it for me, thanks.

Reactions: briped and Indy51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought this cookery book from Amazon recently. I have been trying some recipes this week with good results.
Since Lidl stopped selling their lovely rolls I have struggled to get bread. This book has a recipe for Super seeded bread which I made last night to have with half an avocado, slice of bacon and a soft boiled egg (from our own hens) for breakfast. I made cheddar cheese, spring onion and almond 'scones' today to have with a roasted broccoli, Sun dried tomato and mozzarella bake. Oh and scotch eggs with a mixed seed coating for lunch.
Tomorrow I will be making a chicken curry. This book has given me an interest in cooking again. I'm feeding this to my husband too and without any promoting he said it was tasty, praise from him!
Got it, love it!

Reactions: Ponchu

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got it too - the super seeded bread is fab! I've tried the raspberry muffins too which were lovely and not too 'almondy'. After being given the Ultimate Book of Diabetic Cooking and finding there were hardly any suitable recipes (check out the Ultimate Smoothie!) I bought Cavan and Porter's book and it's great - I can thoroughly recommend it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't have it, but I think Emma Porter is also involved with the Low Carb Programm.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice tip. Thanks.

Anybody tried the Low Carb Slow Cooker book? Sourceable from Amazon.

daisy22

I've tried a variety of mug breads but they just don't taste right. Is the bread recipe allowed to be shared privately?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've tried a variety of mug breads but they just don't taste right. Is the bread recipe allowed to be shared privately?
I suggest if you want to share recipes from this book you do it in a PM as there was s a copyright issue here.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did ask if it could be shared privately where did the copyright issue come in that?
Sorry, I didn't want anyone to start posting recipes on the forum. They would be deleted.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did ask if it could be shared privately where did the copyright issue come in that?

If you look (often on in the inside cover or early pages of your book) it will state that contact must not be copied or displayed, or words to that effect