What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodnight everyone. Hope like me you have your fleecy pjs on...penguin ones of course!

Of course! For the whole DCUK family--

Penguin-Family-Pajamas-Matching-Set.jpg

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just posted 3.2 mmol d fasting in the shortened version. I realised I should probably explain a little more as that is very low! ..

I've been fasting for a few days and my blood sugars have consolidated around these levels for a while now. In complete control of all of my functions ( as much as I ever was anyway ) feel totally well, no particular " hunger " , losing weight like a trooper, and feeling very happy. When in proper ketosis all perfectly normal and rational . Totally different from a hypo whilst running on glucose. Don't assume this is Ok whilst also eating carbs, it isn't !

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 3.9 again this morning. Carnivore month has done amazing things for my BG. And we’re over hump day and the weekend is in sight. Have a good day all.

@CherryAA very interesting - have followed some of your Twitter updates re fasting. A month of carnivore has moved my BG down a few notches - almost comparable to shorter fasts.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.5 this morning. And cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Oh and before any one gets their nether garments in a twist I am referring of course to cannon balls and the triangular brass plate that they would have been stacked upon on the deck of a sailing ship.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
a 8 greeted me today, now I don't mind cold, crisp mornings but, when it's cold enough to freeze my fingers to the car (bit of exaggeration there) it's bloomin cold!!

Take care on this extremely cold morning everyone. (as usual the good ol' USofA has to go lower -70 !!!! Yikes)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.9 (7.5 yesterday, i think I forgot to post). Up at an ungodly hour to help my young friend with the school run. She has just had a gall bladder operation and cannot lift her baby son or drive. So it's me and my trusty Peugeot. Hope that young man has not put on too much much weight. Shall take her to the school gates while she drops off her older son. Coffee after! hurray.

Bit chilly out there, so take care everyone.

P

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...ooh cold cold cold...just a quick blast of the central heating to take the edge off...had a great evening last night...dinner with friends (roast dinner)…I fully engaged with the tatties & Yorkshire puddings...some real gravy and a couple of glasses of fizz...delicious...woke to a 6.3...oops!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

yes it's cold, cold and cold here too. Off out volunteering today but I think we'll go a bit later than usual to give them time to warm the 'shed' up a bit ;)

Take care out there everyone and I hope your day treats you kindly :)