What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I feel like a very brave person as I peeled and chopped 2 large celeriac to freeze and in addition one large butternut squash! Trick I believe is to cut into quarters or smaller if very big before doing any further peeling or chopping and using a tea towel to act as a grip! Not a job to do when in a rush prefer to take it steady. All safely in freezer now!
Didn’t do breakfast as usual on Thursday because of my Pilates session and didn’t feel hungry when got back and then got distracted by a long to do list so lunch didn’t happen either so OMAD by accident and first time for months...
Dinner three lamb chops on bed of mushrooms with yoghurt dip. ( cor @Goonergal i almost feel I celebrated last day of your carnivore month by joining you! Oh no I had three mushrooms - too many veg to qualify?)
I’m planning on lc chilli tomorrow so may take a few slices of my German Lidl rolls out of my freezer to make garlic bread to go with - see how I feel later.
Hope everyone has a good evening.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hope you’re all warm enough. I’m waiting for news on my 6yo granddaughter who is stranded in Newquay after a school trip. School bus got stuck in the snow. Her mum and dad set out to get her about 3 hrs ago but still not there ( normally a 20min drive) so my youngest daughter who lives the other side of Newquay has now set off on foot to get her. I keep telling myself not to worry, she’ll consider it a huge adventure.
Anyway, back to food. Not fasting today but trying to squash meals into short time span
B: boiled egg with 1/3 German Lidl roll fresh from the freezer, toasted with butter snd marmite.
L: small portion leftover chicken garam masala
D: DD sesame salmon with Thai cabbage. ( threw crispy skin away)
Settling down with coffee and cream now and sending warm thoughts to my cold family.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hope you’re all warm enough. I’m waiting for news on my 6yo granddaughter who is stranded in Newquay after a school trip. School bus got stuck in the snow. Her mum and dad set out to get her about 3 hrs ago but still not there ( normally a 20min drive) so my youngest daughter who lives the other side of Newquay has now set off on foot to get her. I keep telling myself not to worry, she’ll consider it a huge adventure.
Anyway, back to food. Not fasting today but trying to squash meals into short time span
B: boiled egg with 1/3 German Lidl roll fresh from the freezer, toasted with butter snd marmite.
Settling down with coffee and cream now and sending warm thoughts to my cold family.
Winner for your menu but a big hug also coming in your direction for your worries re your family. Saw probs on news and did wonder about your family. Sure it will all work out but quite a worry - on the other hand once all safe will be something to talk about for years - I’d imagine Cornwall rarely has snow must be a shock. Take care and let us know when resolved m x

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently, A and E depts also have common cases of avocado finger:banghead:
This is true, I've seen it on the TV! Apparently, people are cutting the avocado in half whilst holding it in the palm of their hand:rolleyes:

Reactions: DJC3

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve only used it once so far as yes, it felt like effort and so even though I enjoyed it I haven’t been in a rush to buy another
Don't blame you @Emma_369. Thought the 'pellets' were the answer to my prayers @ianpspurs but just checked and they only sell them in store and not online. Another dream shattered ;). First world problems.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for your menu but a big hug also coming in your direction for your worries re your family. Saw probs on news and did wonder about your family. Sure it will all work out but quite a worry - on the other hand once all safe will be something to talk about for years - I’d imagine Cornwall rarely has snow must be a shock. Take care and let us know when resolved m x

You’re right it’s very rare and people will talk about it for donkeys years!
My youngest daughter now has Evie safely in tow, she took extra scarves and a handwarmer for her and says she’s happy and excited about it all. Poor oldest daughter still stuck on A30

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My youngest daughter now has Evie safely in tow, she took extra scarves and a handwarmer for her and says she’s happy and excited about it all. Poor oldest daughter still stuck on A30
Pleased Evie safe just your eldest now !

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also watched the problems in Cornwall earlier,,,,beaches covered in snow. The A30 is hard going in hot weather months and now in cold....hope your daughter and husband get to safety. They will be relieved their daughter is safe with her aunt!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your granddaughter makes it home safely soon. Although I totally agree it’ll most likely seem like an exciting adventure to her! A story she’ll no doubt take great pleasure in telling you all about!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening folks. Stay warm and well.

Worked from home today and had a good one hour walk in the snow to pick up my car from the garage. Thoroughly enjoyed my walk.....it was like Narnia out there, but I was freezing by the time I reached the garage.

Breakfast: Mocha chia pudding with flaked almonds
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino with a splash of cream
Lunch: Sausage & egg muffin cups with cheese and spring onion. Small piece of Comté cheese. Salad.
Afternoon: Cafetière of coffee, splash of milk. Small square of Discover Stevia sweetened chocolate with cacao nibs.
Dinner: Mexican-Italo mix up. :joyful: Grilled courgette and aubergine rolls stuffed with leftover chilli (involtini style) topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese and Parmesan. Baked until brown an bubbling. It was very nice indeed. Another square of the Disciver chocolate for afters. Just about to have decaf tea and there is likely to be decaf coffee later.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't blame you @Emma_369. Thought the 'pellets' were the answer to my prayers @ianpspurs but just checked and they only sell them in store and not online. Another dream shattered ;). First world problems.
I’ve had this frozen celeriac delivered, maybe it varies from area to area?

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over gammon with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and cheese omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Something like these? OK, from chips, you'd have to reduce to dice, but let's face it, it's easier chopping chips of c1cm than great lumps of the stuff. Open freeze and bag up?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitchenCra...8&qid=1548965905&sr=1-5&keywords=chip+cutters

or a but more manual: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jooks-Crin...&qid=1548965905&sr=1-12&keywords=chip+cutters

Just a starter for 10

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Could be, I've emailed them! Maybe they think it's too sophisticated for us is Yorkshire;)

I'm in Yorkshire too and I've noticed with Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco (haven't tried Orcado yet) that some of the foods people on the forum mention or give a link to aren't available after I've logged in. They are listed before I've logged in though so I know that they are available elsewhere. Completely annoying.

Reactions: zauberflote

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nearly taken my fingers off chopping celeriac. Need to put all my puny weight on the knife#extremesportlowcarbcooking

A good, sharp,stiff knife is important for chopping cleriac, swede and the like. Ceramic or flexible knives aren't really suitable.

I'm also manic about keeping knives sharp. Of course, I've had the odd (or several) cuts.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello my fellow forum friends, to use @ianpspurs wonderful phrase I have experienced a major “oopage” but I feel it’s now time to get back on track and thought I would post here as this was where I left off and where I hope a warm welcome back will be found.
I am feeling a bit more like myself now and need to rid myself of the complacency I have allowed to creep into my world. Blood glucose has been surprisingly stable despite recent life’s up and downs but diet has been a little out of kilter so I’m hoping that getting back into the habit of confessing all here will be what’s needed to get me back into good habits and get the scales moving again.:happy:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Double Pilates? Do they bend y'all into shapes like those balloon animals by session 2?

:D

nothing to report other than black coffee and water

Good luck with the fast

cor @Goonergal i almost feel I celebrated last day of your carnivore month by joining you! Oh no I had three mushrooms - too many veg to qualify?)

Seeing as it’s you, I think you qualify x

Hope she gets back soon - glad Evie is ok.

thought I would post here as this was where I left off and where I hope a warm welcome back will be found.

Welcome back @jayney27 - you’ve been missed and lovely to see you, oopage or not!

Reactions: Chook

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello my fellow forum friends, to use @ianpspurs wonderful phrase I have experienced a major “oopage” but I feel it’s now time to get back on track and thought I would post here as this was where I left off and where I hope a warm welcome back will be found.
I am feeling a bit more like myself now and need to rid myself of the complacency I have allowed to creep into my world. Blood glucose has been surprisingly stable despite recent life’s up and downs but diet has been a little out of kilter so I’m hoping that getting back into the habit of confessing all here will be what’s needed to get me back into good habits and get the scales moving again.:happy:
So pleased to see you here again @jayney27 and really looking forward to seeing your menus again you have been sorely missed. Pleased to hear though that you are not only coming out of this oopage but also you’ve clearly carried on keeping a watching eye on your bgs and you say they have been relatively stable so that’s a big achievement well done and welcome back X