What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is her name Wenceslas or Page?

Ha, no she’s Maggie. She’s not even our cat - she belongs to next door but when they got a puppy she packed her bags and moved in with us. Neighbours are very happy about it as they know she’s safe and happy, and my family are happy as they love having her here. It’s strange as she was never a ‘people cat’ according to neighbours - never sat on anyone’s lap or sought out company, but she sits with us all the time now and sleeps on my daughter’s bed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you celebrating the end? A Lidl roll would fit the bill.

Lidl rolls await in the freezer! Priority is flourless chocolate cake! Enjoy the snow. What little there was here has melted and it’s now raining.

And on that note I have already missed my usual train and am in danger of missing the next one.......

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
11.9 this morning even though I increased insulin last night. I will see how it goes with the higher level and then I have to call the nurse next week to discuss the basal / bolus.

Have a nice day everyone!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone how are you all doing today? My FBG is a disappointing 12.8 and it snowing up here and my ankle hurts at least it a sprain and not broken
Look after that ankle Jodie...you can get a very bad sprain that can take a long time to heal...make sure you keep off it as much as you can.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...snowing steadily here yuk...I don't mind it when its fresh all white & powdery...later when it turns to ice & slush urghhh...I only have two hips & want to keep both of them...so not going out unless I absolutely have to...might take 'Plumpy' for a walk if I'm brave enough...he loves the snow (the fool)...woke to a 5.8

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning all on yet another cold and Snowy day in the Northeast, County Durham no less, a 7.1 was the scores on the doors at 05:30. Now I'm not adverse to a bit of morning exercise (ice scraping ) but a full work out at 6am to clear the drive and the car of snow is enough to get anyone to abandon it and go back in doors!! Not I !! I'm made of sterner stuff, and I would get a list of jobs a mile long off my wife!! so off to work, dragging my feet, singing a miserable song!

Take care every one.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

it's actually just above freezing here just now and it's raining so I hope it stays above freezing, still lots of ice about on the ground so it could be nasty underfoot. Yesterday it never got above freezing all day.

Very chilly prospect for my charity shop stint today so lots of layers seem to be in order ;)

the frame of mr gee's glasses broke yesterday :sorry: so he will be heading into the opticians today. Hope they can fix them or get another frame the same shape. Perhaps we'll have lunch together :)

Careful if you're out and about and I hope your day treats you well :)

Rosie B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.2 today

it's actually just above freezing here just now and it's raining so I hope it stays above freezing, still lots of ice about on the ground so it could be nasty underfoot. Yesterday it never got above freezing all day.

Very chilly prospect for my charity shop stint today so lots of layers seem to be in order ;)

the frame of mr gee's glasses broke yesterday :sorry: so he will be heading into the opticians today. Hope they can fix them or get another frame the same shape. Perhaps we'll have lunch together :)

Careful if you're out and about and I hope your day treats you well :)
Good morning. 4.2 is super.
I'm sitting at 7.8. Only on Metformin since Tuesday. But mega diet overhaul. So it's improved from 18. Still early days for me. Huge learning curve.
Keep warm. It's not too cold here in N Ireland. Although some rural places have snow. I live by the sea. So we don't often get snow.
Take care.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
11.9 this morning even though I increased insulin last night. I will see how it goes with the higher level and then I have to call the nurse next week to discuss the basal / bolus.

Have a nice day everyone!
@SB.25 why not call her today especially if you've been waiting for you c-peptide test for so long

Reactions: HarryBeau

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning
2.2 on my Friday ketones
All good.
Where did February come from? I’m delighted as spring crawls slightly nearer. I’m not impressed by last nights snow fall which as I’m expecting weekend visitors from South Wales hopefully won’t disrupt plans. Apart from wanting to see everyone we are having a late Christmas family get together as well as celebrating eldest sons birthday so crossing fingers and toes that it improves I have lots of food in!
Have a great Friday all - your numbers are incredible @Goonergal pleased carnivory month paid off for you.
Stay safe and warm everyone.