Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A nice 2 pounds lost this week and my next milestone hit of a total of 4 and half stone lost
Start weight 15st 12
Weight today 11st 5

My next mini target is to see 11st 1 as I will then officially be in the healthy bmi range. Only just, but in it is in it. Beyond that I want to reach 5 stone lost but then think I’m done. Despite what the nhs tells me is ideal weight for my height, and 5 stone lost would see me at the upper end of their range, I really don’t feel I’ve got much left in me to lose. Don’t know if ‘heavy bones’ really exist :angelic: but I’ve dropped 4 clothes sizes, am a comfortable size 10. Chest size dropped from 44” to 32”. I wish I’d done all my measurements at the start :arghh: but waist is now 29”, hips 36”

Reactions: Prem51

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've only lost one pound in the last three weeks. But that's okay. It's still a loss and my diet doctor says at this point I won't have anymore huge losses over a short period of time.

Starting date: July 14, 2018
Starting weight: 193.6 pounds
Current weight: 159.5 pounds
Weight loss: 34.1 pounds
Me: Female, 48 years, 5'3" tall.

Reactions: Emma_369 and Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I seem to have been stuck at 158Lbs give or take pound or 2 for a few weeks now but not to unhappy as it is still only toward the top end of the ideal weight for my height.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
New bathroom floor now in.
Now. Where did I store my wobbly scales to Christen it properly?
Bit swollen this week as couldn't take water tablets for 2 days. Seeing Physio in the morning but via taxi as unwalkable in my streets. Ice under our 2-3 inches of white loveliness.
Stressed out due to burning thrush, worse at night (liver dumping hours).
Have to return to dietician and gp/health assistant check-ins next week.
Its been a blissful January for me.
I hope Taxis can run OK tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
I'd rather be at home organising the snowmen's features. Carrots are on stand-by. Ha ha

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Smaller loss this week but that's ok.
I lost 1.6 lbs (.7 kg),

I also lost another 1" off my waist, total of 12" lost so far.

Starting weight: 273.59 lbs (123.1 kg)
Current Weight: 187.6 lbs (85.09 kg)

Total loss so far: 85.99 lbs (39 kg) or 6 stone 1.99,
I'm 62 & 5'4"

Reactions: AngiH and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the Weekly weigh-in Fridays thread. Well done on the weight loss! :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
According to the 7/11 musical scales I have hit my target weight of 150 lbs (68 kgs).
That's a loss of 7.6 lbs (3.4 kgs) over the last 3 weeks! Yayy! :)

Another fish & chips celebratory meal tonight I think! :)

Reactions: AngiH

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the 7/11 musical scales I have hit my target weight of 150 lbs (68 kgs).
That's a loss of 7.6 lbs (3.4 kgs) over the last 3 weeks! Yayy! :)

Another fish & chips celebratory meal tonight I think! :)
Excellent! Well done!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A nice 4 pounds lost this week.
Start weight 15st 12
Weight today 11st 1
Total weight loss 4st 11

And I am now officially healthy BMI :D now to get under that 11st

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A nice 4 pounds lost this week.
Start weight 15st 12
Weight today 11st 1
Total weight loss 4st 11

And I am now officially healthy BMI :D now to get under that 11st
Wow congratulations Emma. This is exactly the weight I want to reach. I started on Jan 3rd at 14st and am now 13st 3lb. I too have 11st 1lb as the upper edge of healthy so that's my goal. How have you done it, diet, exercise....

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow congratulations Emma. This is exactly the weight I want to reach. I started on Jan 3rd at 14st and am now 13st 3lb. I too have 11st 1lb as the upper edge of healthy so that's my goal. How have you done it, diet, exercise....
That’s a really good loss in such a short time! I was diagnosed sept 14th - I’d already lost 1st 2 the month before but have lost the rest since that diagnosis so the bulk of my weight loss has been through low carb and fasting. I’d never excercised until the start of the year (lost 4stone by that point) my losses have slowed down a bit since. I’m not sure if that’s as I’m exercising my muscles are toning rather than losing or if it’s just that I’m reaching my ideal weight. Maybe a combination of both

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a really good loss in such a short time! I was diagnosed sept 14th - I’d already lost 1st 2 the month before but have lost the rest since that diagnosis so the bulk of my weight loss has been through low carb and fasting. I’d never excercised until the start of the year (lost 4stone by that point) my losses have slowed down a bit since. I’m not sure if that’s as I’m exercising my muscles are toning rather than losing or if it’s just that I’m reaching my ideal weight. Maybe a combination of both
Thanks Emma, hopefully I can follow in your footsteps. I'm doing 16/8 fast everyday and LCHF. I've now got a treadmill too and doing 30 mins a day so fingers crossed.. .. I stalled for 2 weeks but realised I was only eating 500 to 600 cals so upped them.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have taken a break from this thread since September as my weight loss had stalled and it was stressing me every Friday. I was trialling a reduction in Metformin, which made little difference to my HbA1c, it only went up from 34 to 35, so I wondered if that was the cause of the stall in weight loss. With my GP’s blessing I put my Metformin back up in November and weight loss has been slow but steady since, with a couple of little hiccups at Xmas and a week in January on holiday. However I’m posting this week as I’ve hit one of my mini targets, 40kgs total weight loss! :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May ‘17
Today 74.9kg 8th Feb ‘19
Total lost = 40.1kg/6 stone 4 1/2lb

Reactions: AngiH and Prem51

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok hello all, I'm joining in the fun here.
I'm 48, 5ft 6 prediabetic
I'm following LCHF and started on Jan 3rd.
I weighed 14 stone at the start, stalled for 2 weeks due to such a big calories deficit but am now back in the game.
Today I weight 13st 1lb
3lb off this week.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to pop in and say happy Friday to you guys some amazing losses this week well done all and @Emma_369 and @Rachox hitting new low targets and achievements and slightly different methods each of you very inspirational. I found this thread really useful @AngiH when I was trying to lose weight. I’ve now maintained at my ideal weight of between 8 stone 11 pounds to 8 stone 13 pounds since last September if I start going down again I add extra stuff or if up it tends to be unusual eg Christmas and dosent stick. Wonderful way of eating. Just wanted to add my well done s to you all I remember how it felt loved that warm glow Have a well earnt celebratory weekend

Reactions: Prem51 and AngiH

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have taken a break from this thread since September as my weight loss had stalled and it was stressing me every Friday. I was trialling a reduction in Metformin, which made little difference to my HbA1c, it only went up from 34 to 35, so I wondered if that was the cause of the stall in weight loss. With my GP’s blessing I put my Metformin back up in November and weight loss has been slow but steady since, with a couple of little hiccups at Xmas and a week in January on holiday. However I’m posting this week as I’ve hit one of my mini targets, 40kgs total weight loss! :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May ‘17
Today 74.9kg 8th Feb ‘19
Total lost = 40.1kg/6 stone 4 1/2lb
Well done on hitting your mini target! Such amazing weight loss!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Emma, hopefully I can follow in your footsteps. I'm doing 16/8 fast everyday and LCHF. I've now got a treadmill too and doing 30 mins a day so fingers crossed.. .. I stalled for 2 weeks but realised I was only eating 500 to 600 cals so upped them.
It is trial and error. Some weeks I just think our bodies dont like us no matter what we do. Keep going and you will reach your target :)