Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi everyone , I used to be an avid poster on here and the forum and low carb advice changed my life and health for the better.
Bit of background.. I was diagnosed type 2 April 2013, listened to the HCP and ate the healthy carbs etc ... Guess what it didn't help ...
About 4 months later after reading a lot on here about low carb I took the plunge to the world of low carb and activity . It was like a miracle and I felt so much better .
Unfortunately in 2018 ( various reasons) I lost the plot and pushed the boundaries. My BS and HbA1C went up a bit ( not huge amount but out with normal range ) sooo I'm taking back control of my eating , back on the low carb programme. I'm 2 weeks in and already seeing the difference.

So why am I writing this ? Well just to warn people not to become complacent about eating etc , don't be daft like me have 5 years of success then ignore it , it will probably bite you in the bum .
The really crazy thing is that I like veg and berries etc so have no idea why I ate all that cake and Tesco Rhubarb pie .
Thank you DCUK and low carb programme for helping me yet again .

Reactions: Prem51 and Pipp

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jamrox well done getting back on track - must be difficult but great that you’re already seeing results.

Reactions: jpscloud

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Can I just add that I've never taken insulin or any medication , not sure how that's on my profile , I'll change it.

Reactions: jpscloud and jjraak

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
@Jamrox well done getting back on track - must be difficult but great that you’re already seeing results.
Hi I'm ashamed to say that it isn't hard , I have just been really stupid .
I've had a bad year , tennis elbow twice and a cataract operation , along with bad weather followed by it being too hot to be active led to inactivity and boredom.
I started to eat a lot of Tesco Genoa cake too ...
I got away with it for a while but my last HBA1c was up from 5.4 to 7.1 so enough is enough . .
Watch this space lol

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I just add that I've never taken insulin or any medication , not sure how that's on my profile , I'll change it.

Jamrox, nice to see you back, although shame about the circumstances. (The forum has a bit of a glitch involving T2/T2 with insulin statuses. You've managed to sort it out. Thanks!)

Reactions: jpscloud and jjraak

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Jamrox, nice to see you back, although shame about the circumstances. (The forum has a bit of a glitch involving T2/T2 with insulin statuses. You've managed to sort it out. Thanks!)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It was easy lol

Reactions: jpscloud

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Is it crazy that I'm so excited and motivated by all this again? Hope it keeps up lol

Reactions: Prem51 and jjraak

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi everyone , I'm 3 weeks into the low carb programme ,lost 3 5lb and BS improving . I'm also doing the 16/8 fast thing and finding that I'm quite emotional . Luckily I work from home so nobody is seeing me lol.
I would like to loose another 10lb but as long as my BS stays relatively ok then that's fine . I'm still about 21lb lighter and a lot healthier than I was in 2013 before I started this journey.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back again!

Falling off the wagon is incredibly easy. Much harder to pick yourself back up again.
Are you still doing all the exercise?
You were always MUCH better at all that than I.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome back to the forum @Jamrox - you've done it before and it sounds like you're doing the right things again.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Good to see you back again!

Falling off the wagon is incredibly easy. Much harder to pick yourself back up again.
Are you still doing all the exercise?
You were always MUCH better at all that than I.

Yep still at it , mainly walking now , try to do 10,000 steps a day .
Had tennis elbow twice and a cataract operation so that and the weather kind of reduced it . Then I felt sorry for myself which led to eating rubbish etc etc .... It was so easy to kid myself that I was getting away with it ....
BUT I am now back in control and having the knowledge gained from the people on the forum ( Thankyou) and the low carb programme it isn't hard to get back at it.

Reactions: Prem51

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Wow thanks for the inspirational badges , didn't expect to get them. When I came back to the forum it was for purely selfish reasons , I didn't think anyone would be interested in my mistakes this year . That said if anyone gets inspiration from the support I have had from everyone on here then I'm pleased.

Reactions: Prem51