Accuchek mobile/mySugr/wireless adapter

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my wireless adapter delivered today. Absolutely no joy getting it paired to my Oneplus 6 despite trying everything. It will pair from the phone's bluetooth setting but then the MySugr app doesn't see it. Won't pair at all from within the MySugr app. I'll ping them an email tomorrow but the at the minute it is a (small) brick...

Me too with a Wileyfox Swift 2+ running Android 8.1 Oreo, also on an old Nexus 4 also on 8.1.

I mailed mySugr who have made a couple of suggestions which I'll try later but I'm not hopeful. They didn't really answer if 8.1 was supported.

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Me too with a Wileyfox Swift 2+ running Android 8.1 Oreo, also on an old Nexus 4 also on 8.1.

I mailed mySugr who have made a couple of suggestions which I'll try later but I'm not hopeful. They didn't really answer if 8.1 was supported.

Have you checked your units of measurement , mmol/l for example, match both on your meter and in the app, the mysugar manual says it works on android 5.0 and above

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somewhere buried in the small print was a requirement to get them on prescription. I can’t remember the form, did it ask? I’m very lucky my DN is pro low carb and pro testing if it helps despite the gps being anti. So each month I am waiting to see if they cancel the repeat she set up. In the meantime I’m very grateful.
Ah, yes - I doubt very much they'll send me one actually, because my Drs practice stopped funding strips for T2.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you registered your device on their website with your details as this may help
Yes - I remember now I had to fill in the form and realised then I wouldn't qualify. Sent an email to ask if I could buy one but the answer was just to direct me to the form to apply for a free one.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you checked your units of measurement , mmol/l for example, match both on your meter and in the app, the mysugar manual says it works on android 5.0 and above

All settings the same. I have been using both for ages. It's not even pairing.

Got a standard response from mySugr with all the clear cache, unpair, etc steps. Have mailed them back. Still waiting. They have been very good in the past.

Reactions: jpscloud

wipeoutwalker

Hello all,

I just received the Bluetooth adapter and I'm also struggling to get it to pair to my phone.

I have a Google Pixel 2, and have tried everything to get it to pair with mySugr but no dice. Perhaps its a bug in the app with Country region? I'm based in the UK and its not listed in the current supported regions?

thanks

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Hello all,

I just received the Bluetooth adapter and I'm also struggling to get it to pair to my phone.

I have a Google Pixel 2, and have tried everything to get it to pair with mySugr but no dice. Perhaps its a bug in the app with Country region? I'm based in the UK and its not listed in the current supported regions?

thanks

I’m in the UK using iPhone it seems like the people that can’t connect are all android users.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m in the UK using iPhone it seems like the people that can’t connect are all android users.

That wouldn't surprise me. All the screen shots I've seen show the app with lots of meters under connections. On my androids it shows one, the mobile, and Fitbit. May well be a big cockup here.

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
That wouldn't surprise me. All the screen shots I've seen show the app with lots of meters under connections. On my androids it shows one, the mobile, and Fitbit. May well be a big cockup here.

If you look in support and feedback in the app it mentions a firmware issue with the wireless adapter is causing data transfer problems

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
If you look in support and feedback in the app it mentions a firmware issue with the wireless adapter is causing data transfer problems

If that is the case I wonder if the F/W on the adapter is user upgrade-able?

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
If that is the case I wonder if the F/W on the adapter is user upgrade-able?

It gives details of new adapters being produced and contact details,but there are no dates so cannot tell how old the post is,I have a new phone coming tomorrow so hoping I’m not going to get any problems but wouldn’t be surprised if I get some

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine came the other day. It paired OK on my android Samsung once I managed to figure out which set of numbers was the code. So far it's playing ball.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
Just to let you all now, tried pairing it again this morning, and it WORKED!

Might of been an update or something!?

Just tried again on the back of your post and success! Very odd, app hasn't updated. Must be something on the server end.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a mail from mySugr suggesting I make sure I have the latest version of the app. I'm set for auto update so I assumed I would be. However, although the version number was the same, the date was later. I removed the app and reinstalled and off it went, good as gold.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
It's not a bad system now it's working. It will certainly full the gap until I can get my hands on a Libre in April.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
I thought that Libre doesn’t replace pre meal finger prick testing ?
I have no idea to be honest, I'm willing to be educated on that one. When I saw the consultant about getting one then only thing she cautioned about was pre-driving prick testing still being necessary.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well colour me surprised - my free adapter arrived yesterday! Got it paired and set up on Samsung S8+ no problem. Only issue is that when it updated all entries and verified them, it wiped my ketone log entries!

Not to worry, I'll be able to manually entter them, I'm quite used to that anyway.